Streets of Rage 3...Awww baby!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Streets of Rage 3...Awww baby!

I had presumed that its high price tag was just due to rarity and hype but this is a stonking game. I was a SNES kid so I missed out but would recommend this to anyone who likes side-scrolling fighters. I still haven't played the 2nd one (which most people seem to prefer) but much prefer this to all other similar games that I've played (SoR1, DoubleD 1, Golden Axe 1&2).

Dan

dude 3 was ok but the second one kills it man!!!! the music is awesome man, almost good enough to dance to!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (",)

Comment

3 is alright, but it's certainly the worst of the trilogy.

SoR2 is as good today as it was in the day imo, and the original has a cracking soundtrack (and still plays well, even if it's bettered by SoR2).

Comment

Don't worry Dan, SoR2 will be with you soon!. Did the cash i sent arrive in your account yet?.

Comment

Originally posted by Shakey_Jake33
          3 is alright, but it's certainly the worst of the trilogy.

SoR2 is as good today as it was in the day imo, and the original has a cracking soundtrack (and still plays well, even if it's bettered by SoR2).
          Perhaps I need to play the 1st one a little more before I dismiss it. I just find that 3 has a much more fluid gameplay. Perhaps I'm just hampered in the nostalgia department. I can't help but smile whenever I boot up Zelda for the SNES...ah rupies, pieces of heart and the hook-shot.

Comment

Streets of rage 2 is awesome, iirc the 3rd has set continues, so you have to get good at it, i might be wrong as i not played it for a while but number 2 is my favourite.

Comment

ok, ok, ok (trying my best not to sound like joe pesci in lethal weapon) streets of rage or final fight??? which dya think was better????? personally i liked the music and rawness of streets of rage but graphics better for final fight maybe!!! i dunno man, i love both!

Comment

Originally posted by jon bda
                Don't worry Dan, SoR2 will be with you soon!. Did the cash i sent arrive in your account yet?.
                Hah! Inter-forum banter. It hadn't turned up when I checked earlier today...it'll be tomorrow pretty soon though so I'll check again.

Edit: It's tomorrow now but no sign. Perhaps it'll be through in the morning. I'll email you.
                Last edited by halfacandan; 28-02-2006, 23:02.

Comment

Both are cracking titles, but SoR always had it's own style which I prefered.

Both should be in everyones collection though.

And yeah, give SoR1 more of a chance, and remember it's a predecessor, so it's not going to be 'as good'. But I do prefer it to Final Fight.

Comment

Originally posted by halfacandan
                    Hah! Inter-forum banter. It hadn't turned up when I checked earlier today...it'll be tomorrow pretty soon though so I'll check again.

Edit: It's tomorrow now but no sign. Perhaps it'll be through in the morning. I'll email you.
                    Okay mate, going from one bank to another it'll take some time i suppose, the weekend getting in the way prolly didn't help either!.

Comment

I think SOR2 is better is most aspects but some of the features in 3 did surpass it in my view, most notably the ability to run which adds alot to the gameplay.

I think 3 starts really well but seems to steadily decline in terms of design and indeed fun as the levels progress. I thought the highlight was beating the crap out of the punters on the dance floor in time to the music and strobe lit affair. I think SOR3 has the worst selectable characters of the trilogy, they should brought back Alex instead of the quasi robotic retard.

As for the SOR vs FF debate, I think FF wins out in terms of presentation and the size of the sprites but SOR has go so much more variety of attacks and the bosses are alot less cheap. I like the SOR music alot more too.

Comment

Do you knwo what kills Streets Of Rage 3 for me? THe bloody audio is God awful and the graphics like a lot of later Mega Drive games look nasty with a grainy look to them. I was playing wolf child on the Mega Cd yesterday and was surprised at how nice they managed to pull off a metalic look on the first ship level. If this was released later in the Mega Drive's life you can bet that they just would have used some crappy grain effect making the whole thing look a mess. Just look at Sonic 3 to Sonic 2 to see what I mean.

Yakumo

Comment

I really did not like the music in SOR3 wonder why the drastic change of style

Comment

Originally posted by eastyy
                            I really did not like the music in SOR3 wonder why the drastic change of style
                            Perhaps this makes me a bad person, but I hardly ever listen to in-game music. Rez and Donkey Konga yes, SoR no. I think it dates back to when I was a kid and got too scared to play Zelda on the SNES because of the creepy music. On that note, I was in Gamestation the other day and an 8 year old was trying to convince his mum to buy him House of the Dead 2! I'd hate to think that alll children had lost their innocence by 8.

Dan

Comment

Heck, I'd nearly completed Doom by time I was 8...

Comment

Working...
                              X