Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Retro Game Of The Month (it's back!!) - March - Konami's Vendetta

http://www.klov.com/game_detail.php?game_id=10300

Was playing this last night and it brought back memories of playing it down in Southsea as a kid. The MAME version is pretty much spot on, the actual PCB probably hard to come by and would also need to be tweaked due to the four player thang.

Basically a 4-player Double Dragon/Final Fight style game, but with a much slower pace, a vivid, bright, cartoon style, and imbued with a great sense of humour and some great scenery interaction (such as throwing people against the walls, being able to pick up pretty much anything and use it to attack), loads of weapons, and some nice ideas such as the ability to leather the crap out of people whilst they are on the floor with handy on-screen prompts ("KICK!" with an arrow, for example).

Of course, 4 player option makes the whole ouvre just even more awesome, but even in single player it is eminently playable and stacks of fun.

A cracking game, and worth seeking out the illegal ROM for

**cough roms whore cough**

to be honest i preferred the original game called Crime fighters

i believe Vendetta is a follow up to crimefighters, but its just not as good - spend a pretty pound on Crimefighters, mainly cause it was hard, try that one Seany

**cough roms whore cough**

Comment

The sports club near where I used to live had Vendetta - I must admit it was a brilliant little game to pop a few pence into every now and then. I don't recall that much about it other than the graffiti on level one!

Comment

Roms whore yes - however if you can find me a console conversion of it or a reasonable prices board and four player cabinet Jase then I will personally refrain from ever playing the illegal ROM ever again.

p.s. at least I don't collect girly N64 games and go sailing in the navy. na-na-na-na-nyaa.

Comment

Vendetta was great, having the option to kick and stamp on the bad guys on the ground was pure class. I seem to recall that some of the bad guys in the later levels were worryingly un-pc....

However I did like Crimefighters better, it was rock hard that one.

Comment

Originally posted by seany1979
            p.s. at least I don't collect girly N64 games and go sailing in the navy. na-na-na-na-nyaa.
            *chuckles*
            Anyway... yeh Vendetta's alright, a few nice touches like being able to stamp on enemy fingers as they dangle from scenery. Good game

Hah! Excellent touch on the third level where you throw a bucket and it gets stuck on the bondage bitch's head
            Last edited by vertigo; 01-03-2006, 12:19.

Comment

Originally posted by seany1979
              why are they girly? do you know how hard it is finding them ?????

N64 is the shizzle and i bet you've played it before which makes you a lady boy or at least bi curious

but i keep on forgetting that you're one of the people under the stairs (wes craven) and that you're hardcore now with your Jp PStwo

HARDCORE YOU KNOW THE SCORE

as for sailing in the navy - yes its my job, getting a bit slack now its been 16 years

and finally i have it on emu as well and i had to power it up to make sure that crimefighters (more superior) was infact the prequel

if you need teh Romz - give me a shout
              Last edited by buster_broon; 01-03-2006, 12:29.

Comment

I can't believe GotM is a sodding rom. Shame on you Seany, big time.

Comment

I don't recall this game, but it sounds right up my street. Was their any home conversions?

Comment

Originally posted by buster_broon
                    you're hardcore now with your Jp PStwo

HARDCORE YOU KNOW THE SCORE
                    That is modded PSTwo, biyatch

Sorry to wheelaa and co about the presence of ROM-based GOTM. It's just that when you have 900+ of the things on this gamebox I have got, that is 900+ ILLEGAL roms, there are so many potential GOTM to choose from. Tonight I am going to have a go on Crime Fighters, if I prefer it to Vendetta I will erase the thread!

Comment

I have a mate who always bangs-on about this game. I remember having a few goes quite a while ago, and it's a nice looking, pretty fun game.

I will have to further investigate this one!

Comment

I have the PCB of this game, it came with my Jamma cabinet. I have no problems selecting any of the fighters as I assume this is a two player cabinet version. It's a really good scrolling beat em up and is a good follow up game (third place) to Final Fight or Streets of Rage.

The fact that I own the PCB should justify this as a GOTM.

Comment

urk, wrong thread.

Comment

Working...
                          X