This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feedback system suggestion/query.

I'm a member at neo-geo.com as well as here, and they have had a "Trader Rating" system in place for a while now. It is essentially an ebay style feedback system, will a number appearing next to your name when you post in the trading section or click on a user profile.

While the current system for feedback here is fine, I feel the one that neo-geo.com has is easier to use (simply because you can instantly tell who is new or has a good/bad rating without searching through the feedback forum). I also feel people are more inclined to leave feedback when there is a number they can relate too.

Can this version of the forum support this system (I don't know much about the technical side of the site, but n-g.com run vBulletin version 3.5.4) but I would be interested to know if any of the admin people have seen this feedback system or have any thoughts on it.

Thanks,
    Will.

i dunno, i don't use neo-geo.com, too many w**kers there

if i was going to buy from anyone here i'd only buy of the regular members of the board to avoid any trouble

Comment

i like the way the system works here just a matter of search and then type in the name

like most i have my feedback link on my profile

Comment

I think the board misses the Feedback button on each member post we had on a previous board also.

Comment

We are currently looking at a trusted trader system for the forums - however, as much as we can do to promote safe trading, the onus is always on the buyer.

Once a bad trader is removed from the forums, subsequent signups are removed before they even get to the member stage if we are able to spot them. This unfortunately is not always possible.

It is a case of Caveat Emptor; if a bargain is too good to be true, it likely is, so please whenever possible, it is in your interest to get a real name and address of the person you are trading with.

Comment

I, quite tragically, enjoy reading people's feedback. It is nice and personal.

Comment

Two things, 1)please people if your happy or unhappy with how a trade went please leave feedback, i know its easy to forget but i always make the effort. This would help a lot. 2) how about restricting new members access to buy,sell,exchange for say a month after they join? This would stop twats joining up just to rip us off, as has happend recently.

Comment

That was talked about before, it was considered unfair to discriminate against a majority just because a small minority are problematic.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoraths mullet
                  I, quite tragically, enjoy reading people's feedback. It is nice and personal.
                  You sir, are not alone!

I dunno, to me the trading area & feedback is somewhat at the heart of this site. Games sort of get "Recycled" in our community, and 99.9999% of the time everything goes well. It's sort of social, and the prices are realisitic. Even living is Norway hasn't stopped me from trading with Uk based (And Ireland once) traders. Trading & First Play are the crown jewels of the site for me. Horray!

It would be nice to have a "Feedback Button" But when you start modding boards, you get into a nightmare for upgrades/security fixes, so I think the current system is well justified.

Right, time to sell some games.

Matt

Comment

Blast from the past time I think:

Comment

Originally posted by SuperDanX
                      Two things, 1)please people if your happy or unhappy with how a trade went please leave feedback, i know its easy to forget but i always make the effort. This would help a lot.

Amen to that.

Comment

Working...
                      X