UK/PAL SNES release list

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UK/PAL SNES release list

Has anyone done a full release list of games released in the UK and/or PAL as looking around the net I've not found much in the way of a good list. Nintendo website isn't very good and even Digital Press doesn't have a good list.

So is there a good list out there? As there were some odd and unexpected games released in PAL.

Just get GoodSNES and ask it to audit an empty directory, import the SNESMiss text file into a spreadsheet, delimit as appropriate and sort on territory.

Comment

Can't say I'm keen on rom lists as they are often incorrect, if I can't get hold of a full list I might think about doing my own list, listing the cartridge product codes for each game.

As I'm sure that would be quite helpful to a lot of people.
      Last edited by S3M; 02-03-2006, 15:39.

Comment

Damn link is broke ..... or site is down

http://www.nintendogamezone.com/snes-game-list.html

There used to be a release list on the link not sure if it was PAL though.

To get the full list I think an email to Nintendo would be required as they probably are the only people who would have this info or maybe Bandai as they handled Nintendo official uk business for a while....

Who is in charge of Nintendo's UK operations ?

I don't know where to look, but if anybody can get me a name I will email/ send a letter to that person and ask for a SNES PAL release list. In fact if a few people did the same they might be willing to email/ send a letter a reply back, just a thought.

I would be very interested in seeing that list also. 8)

Comment

Well Nintendo do have a list on there website but it's only games they released.

The other problem is that back in the days of the SNES a number of games saw released in German and France, but not in the UK. Harvest Moon being one such title and Demon Crest being another I think.

I'm surprised that despite the SNES been so popular that few people have done a list of UK/PAL released games, surely someone has?

Comment

dunno about a list but i believe total PAL releases is about 530 altogether!!!

Comment

There's a guy at DP (hydr0x) who has been working on the PAL list for a while (the online version is an old work-in-progress version, I think).
              Dunno when the finished one will be up (the database hasn't been updated since the back-end of last year), but I think there's between 550-600 different games, not including all the regional variations (-UKV/-FRA/-ESP/-SCA etc).
              I'd hazard a guess at the StarWing competition cart being the rarest.

Comment

Originally posted by anagrama
                I'd hazard a guess at the StarWing competition cart being the rarest.
                Makes me wish I's never sold my copy for a tenner a few years back

Comment

Originally posted by S3M
                  Has anyone done a full release list of games released in the UK and/or PAL as looking around the net I've not found much in the way of a good list. Nintendo website isn't very good and even Digital Press doesn't have a good list.

So is there a good list out there? As there were some odd and unexpected games released in PAL.
                  Don't forget, Australia was PAL as well and they got Breath of Fire 2!! Also Ireland & Germany got Whirlo - Sandra's Big Adventure.

Jammy sods!

Comment

Originally posted by Superfamifreak
                    Don't forget, Australia was PAL as well and they got Breath of Fire 2!! Also Ireland & Germany got Whirlo - Sandra's Big Adventure.

Jammy sods!
                    We got Breath of Fire 2 here in the UK as I remember seening it but they did get Lufia 2 - Rise of the Sinistrals which I don't recall seeing here in the UK. Well as there not a complete list yet on the web I might start work on one, until a complete list appears if ever.

Comment

Germany got Megaman X2 and X3 and we didn't in the UK as well. Wasn't Soul Blazer only released in a couple of countries as well? Terranigma was UK and Germany I believe.

On a similar note, Australia got a PAL N64 version of Snowboard Kids 2 and Europe didn't at all.

Starwing competition cart you say?

Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

WO! Dude is that yours?

Comment

Yep that's mine, paid 100 GBP for it, can't remember how long ago though, not that far back.
                          Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem
                            Germany got Megaman X2 and X3 and we didn't in the UK as well. Wasn't Soul Blazer only released in a couple of countries as well? Terranigma was UK and Germany I believe.

On a similar note, Australia got a PAL N64 version of Snowboard Kids 2 and Europe didn't at all.

Starwing competition cart you say?

Very nice Mayhem, if you don't mind me asking where did you get it from? I also see that it's doesn?t have a product code on the cartridge. That a very nice collectors piece!!

Megaman X2 did get released over here as I have a copy and so did Megaman X3 I think, they along with Breath of Fire 2. Were released by the dreaded Laguna Video Games who were not and English company and who only ever supplied a handful of copies of their games to the UK.

If you check in their manuals the English language pages were normally at the back rather than the front, they also released Megaman 7 and Final Fight 3 which are just as hard to track down. They also published some games on the Sega Saturn like Hebereke?s Popoitto and a few GB games like Megaman 4, which are as hard to find as their SNES titles. So if you ever see anything with Laguna Video Games on it buy it!!

Terranigma did get released in France and Australia the latter having a white box design instead of the black design used for the other versions.

Right I?m going to start making a list some time this week.

Comment

I think SF Alpha 2 may have been quite limited on SNES. I bought mine, which I subsequently sold, directly from Nintendo new at only ?20!

Comment

Working...
                              X