consoles you love collecting for

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

consoles you love collecting for

theres just something about buying a game for a jap retro console or the console itself, it gives me a buzz and excitement that buying games for modern consoles don't do, everything from the artwork, to the love of the old, or in the case of more the rare retro items the fact that that the item is collectable. If i didn't discover retro gaming a few years back, and then later on importing i doubt i would actually play games often today. Theres a magic feeling that retro items give me that i don't get while buying an xbox, which just feels hollow. At the moment the console i've been buying games most for is the jap saturn, games such as sengoku blaede, prikura daisakusen, and sexy parodius i wanted to own and play far ages, so when i finally got hold of them the excitement was too much. At the moment my money is going into gearing up for a pc engine which i hope will give me the same buzz when collecting games as the saturn does.

pffft who needs drugs when you have retro systems

Well i am getting a n64 and a LOAD of games.And its given me that buzz that i have not experienced in a long time.

Getting sin and punishment one of the few treasure games i have not played so i am looking foward to that

Its also a feeling you just cannot get using emulators they seem to lack that spark cannot put my finger on what it is exactly
    Last edited by eastyy; 02-03-2006, 15:59.

Comment

current buzz items for me [although i've not actually secured them] are:

PC Engine hopefully Briefcase Setup
      Sega Megadrive [hunting a jap/asian model as we speak]

I know what you mean with the emulators, i've been playing pce and megadrive all week on my mac and although they've got me geared up for the real thing, they just dont cut the mustard.. looking forward to the clunk as a drop the first MD game in

Comment

GameCube for me.

Comment

Mostly Neo Geo MVS & AES & Snes I have a PS2 but hardly buy games for it and DS but I don't buy to much 4 that either

Comment

Super Famicom.

I have a love affair with the box art & I adore the 'click' sound of the cart slotting into place.

Comment

PCE and Marty. Finding mint copies of games for these systems is just as much a pleasure as actually playing them.

Comment

Been there, done that with the Saturn & Dreamcast (I'm really just buying back games I've owned in the past) so buying stuff for those isn't too exciting.
                Really liked picking up Mega Drive games for the past 6 months or so since the majority of them were new to me. I've now got most of the ones I wanted though, so haven't bought much for that lately.

Current favourite would have to be the Japanese PlayStation. There's tons of good games I've never played before to seek out. Plus, a lot of the shooters and 2D stuff is quite hard to find which makes it a bit more rewarding - with any games that were also released on Saturn, I'll go for the PS version just to make tracking them down a bit harder.

Comment

I dont really collect any games any more but I have a few snes carts and mvs carts

I wouldnt call it a collection though, .. maybe a collection of .. .. games.. or something.

I dunno .. oh .. I do have road rash 3do, and I was planning on getting another FZ1 and lots of minty games, but it never got past the first title yet.

Comment

I guess im the almost complete guy, i collect just random stuff, but favourites would have to be NGPC, Neo Geo AES, Mega Drive and 32x..im a few games away from completomh 32X, though last two are just killers!!! And i have 460ish MD games, i guess one day i just wana be able to say i have a complete collection for a particular console.
                    I just love retro man, its relatively cheap (depending on what you buy, of course), its usually got nostalgia attached to it, if you buy right it rarely loses value and the games are awesome man!!!! What more do you want??????????

Comment

For me it's the Saturn, Dreamcast & SNES.

Comment

Anything Sega really, but it's possibly SG1000 stuff I'm most fond of acquiring, thanks to the age of the games and the relatively obscure nature of the machine.
                        Sure, there's a fair few cacky primitive sports games, but it's worth it all for the simplistic beauty of gems like The Castle, Flicky or Girl's Garden.

Comment

At the moment, snes, neo geo and dreamcast. The snes is my fave console, having enjoyed it since it first came to Britain. The neo geo was my 'holy grail' and I finally got one (as a present from my girlfriend!) at Christmas, so I'm still trying to build up a good collection.

The dreamcast is just amazing. Lots of amazing import games (which I'm just discovering) and perhaps the best console ever for 2D beat 'em ups!

Comment

definitely Jap Gamecube for me

Comment

Originally posted by Roddie
                              definitely Jap Gamecube for me
                              Same here.

Comment

Working...
                              X