Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What will you do with your NES, Snes, N64..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What will you do with your NES, Snes, N64..

What will you do with your N64, NES, Snes games if they become available to play on the Revolution?

I wasn't too sure where to put this as it's a Next Gen/ Retro question.

Surely it could have an effect on those who collect?

I doubt it. Playing on the Rev will be cool, but you can't beat playing on the original hardware. I think casual gamers will get a kick out of it more than retro gamers, who usually tend to want the 'original' package.

Comment

Same thing we did with our MegaDrives when we got them emulated on the XBox - put the old consoles into storage and keep the XBox set up, saves space and the hassle of dragging out old consoles.

'collecting' is a different kettle of fish imo, no amount of downloads would change being able to collect the original releases.

I'm sure many will do with with the Revolution. I for one couldn't part with my old consoles, it's like selling a daughter.

Comment

Keep them, deffo, Its just not the same playing games on a newer controller.

Its not just the lack of nostigal and feeling of something old thats lost, I find its alot harder to play simple games on a compliex contoller, I still enjoyed playing Sonic mega collection on the Gamecube when I got a megadrive and sonic1 for it i found that I was getting alot further onit, and enjoying it alot more.

Comment

-You wont be playing them on a complex controller, Nintendo already said they will be releasing a controller adaptor so you can use your old NES, SNES, and N64 controllers

Comment

Hopefully people will sell up at dirt cheap prices for me to buy that wont happen though, i agree with everyone posted above me.

Comment

Keep the old stuff! Won't you have to buy the games again?

Comment

[QUOTE=Shakey_Jake33]Same thing we did with our MegaDrives when we got them emulated on the XBox - put the old consoles into storage and keep the XBox set up, saves space and the hassle of dragging out old consoles.
                QUOTE]

Thats exactly what im gonna do!

Comment

Originally posted by SuperDanX
                  Hopefully people will sell up at dirt cheap prices for me to buy that wont happen though, i agree with everyone posted above me.
                  i'm with you on that one.. mucho bargains to be had!!

can't beat the real thing

Comment

Ill be doing nothing as im getting a japanese revolution which means i dont think nintendo will let me subscribe to their download service from the uk. Im pretty sure thell have lots of obsticles like when the N64DD came out & it was super hard to get online if you lived outside of japan.

Comment

Originally posted by chojin
                      can't beat the real thing
                      Oh certainly.

But if I want a quick blast on SoR or something, I fire up NeoGenesis on my XBox, as opposed to dragging out my MD and setting it up, putting it away after...

Plus SoR does loook quite nice in Progressive :P

Comment

I'm gonna chuck it all away, sega stuff for good measure!

Comment

I just wondered if it will mean values will decrease. I suppose the major issue is what will available and how much it costs.

It does becomes a scenario of do I wait or sell, if your a collector you'll keep your stuff but if your a gamesplayer you may sell so it's all available to play on one machine.

Comment

But if that was the case then every gamer would have sold up by now? Its all available on at least one console I can think of.

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised if certain key titles actually increased in value for the perceived kudos in certain circles (i.e. GameFaqs forums) for owning 'the real thing'.

I can see those auction titles now :"TEH REAL DEAL PEOPLE 100% GEN - U - INE SO STEP UP!!!"

Comment

Working...
                              X