UK Saturn internal photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UK Saturn internal photos

I just wondered if anyone has any good photos of the inside of a Saturn? The reason i ask is that many years ago a friend of mine blew the powerboard in mine, so its been sat in a box for the last few years. I decided to try and fix it last week and aquired a power board from a kind fellow on killercabs, but unfortunatly the board is smaller than the one i have.

I'm wondereing what sort of internals the UK Saturns have, as i might pick up a cheap one to take the board out of. My saturn is a Japanese white one, with the grey round buttons. Any help/advice is appreciated.

I swapped a psu from a uk mk2 saturn into my japanese one when it arrived. Went in fine. I belive there are two psu's - one with a five pin connector to the main board, and one with 4.

is the psu physically smaller, or is it just the pin difference?

Comment

Its both smaller and has the pin difference. I need a 5 pin but the one i have here is a 4. Thanks for the help.

Comment

Ok well to answer my own question here is the inside of a MK-80200A-50 UK Saturn:

Here is the inside of a HST-3220 Japanese White Saturn:

As you can see the boards are the same size, so i swapped them over:

After the 2 minute job i plugged it in and hooray, a flawless victory!

Now i really need to cut up my credit card before i order a copy of Radiant Silvergun.

Comment

Glad you sorted it. I forgot to pm you

Comment

You could have used the one you had, the extra pin is just another ground (if you look at the board they're both connected to the same point).
            You could have just soldered the pins on the mobo to the corosponding outputs on the PSU with wire!

Comment

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but thought someone here might be able to give me some advice.

I have had exactly the same problem as Vince had (i.e. blew up the powerboard on my Japanese Hi-Saturn). The powerboard in that is the same as the ones in the pics Vince put up.

I've also got a UK Saturn (the MK-80200A-50, same model as the one Vince shows in his pics), but my one has the smaller power board, which does not physically fit into the Hi-Saturn.

Before I blindly go and buy a UK MKII Saturn from eBay to salvage the power board, does anyone know how I can be certain that I will get the bigger power board I need please? (rather than the smaller one as in my UK MKII Saturn)

Better still, anyone on the off chance got the power board they want to sell?

Thanks,
              Kevin

Comment

Unfortunatly my story had a sad ending. My Saturn worked great after this and i had a couple of great weeks playing games on it, but then one day it died completely. This leads me to one of two conclusions:

1) It was more knackered than i thought from the original board blowing and after a couple of weeks play it gave up properly

2) The power board itself was in some way defective which killed the original UK Saturn and then mine.

Its funny you bring this up now though as i was trying to figure out what to do with mine, whether to try and ebay it as a spares one with the box and pad etc so someone could put a UK one in a nice white case or whether to just bin it.

Comment

Thanks for the reply Vince. Sorry to hear your Saturn died so soon after...

If it's scenario (1), then I might be buggered with my Hi-Saturn as well. Why oh why oh why did I plug the UK power lead into it??? It was just one of those moments I wasn't thinking straight.

So, is the power board on yours still working? Or does it not switch on at all? If you decide to sell, let me know how much you want, cos I could do with a spare lens as well...

Comment

Originally posted by Kousoku
                    Thanks for the reply Vince. Sorry to hear your Saturn died so soon after...

If it's scenario (1), then I might be buggered with my Hi-Saturn as well. Why oh why oh why did I plug the UK power lead into it??? It was just one of those moments I wasn't thinking straight.

So, is the power board on yours still working? Or does it not switch on at all? If you decide to sell, let me know how much you want, cos I could do with a spare lens as well...
                    I might have the power supply you need, I believe thats on all 64 pin CD drive models (the long power board)

What lens does your Saturn have? (brand, model number) its probably possible to buy a brand new pickup i.e. the lens and all the bits around it, which should work nicely, as it would be brand new....

Ive heard its possible and I know a good supplier of pickups... send me pm or something

Comment

Working...
                    X