Shinrei Jusatsushi Taromaru

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shinrei Jusatsushi Taromaru

I remember this being mentioned recently, but couldn't find a thread. It was probably in the Saturn appreciation thread, but I can't find it in there.

Anyhow, after getting my paws on this last month, I finally got round to playing it today.
    I wasn't expecting too much after being disappointed by many high priced games recently, but this really knocked me for six. I ****ing love it.

I remeber hearing descriptions of it being a Shinobi styled game with shooter elements, which is pretty on the mark I'd have to say (I wasn't expecting it after seeing screens).
    The music is great, and you only have to look at screens to see the beauty.
    I truly am a happy man.

Not being the greatest at any kind of shooters means I haven't got too far, but I've only had two hours with it today.

If people have got views on this gem, post 'em up please. Along with any helpful tips to aid the lesser abled.

Not knowing any Japanese, I can't navigate menu's. This doesn't have a save function, right?
    Last edited by Emir; 08-03-2006, 00:24.

I found it good for the 1st few hours but now I actually find it very banal. It seems like a never ending single button press. I think maybe I should sell it

Comment

It is a little button mashing..but I'm glad you like it. Its in my top 10 saturn games for sure.

I take it you know all the moves. Its fairly essential to mindwash the lesser characters to help you (and then blow em up)

Comment

I really want to play this, but I really don't want to pay ?200 for the pleasure - my birthday's coming up; anyone fancy being generous? No? Didn't think so...

Comment

i still havent played this

every time i intend to play it another game lands on the door mat

Geoff D - dont go looking for a perfect copy and you might be surprised how cheap you can find it

by cheap i mean the nice side of ?100

Comment

It's a wonderful game, covered it in gamesTM ages ago. Hmmm, I have a new retro mag now LOL

Comment

Oh I've far better platfrom games and better games on the Saturn , but my god is it a showcase game, and one of those games worth owning just to see what the host hardware can do when really pushed.
              I almost chocked on my beer when I saw that purple spider boss move around the screen . Still today the game looks awesome (even better tha RSG in parts) it must use every Saturn trick there is, and then some more

Reminds me a lot of Alisia Dragoon mixed in with a bit of Castlevaina . Only trouble is its just far too hard

Comment

Just did a search on ebay $350

dont think i will get it

Comment

Haha, knew it wouldn't be long before wheelaa put a word in on this one

As for $350, you only need to pay that if you're a fool. Do a search on completed items and you'll see a copy with spine, reg and stickers went on ebay UK recently for ?100.

Tirian

Comment

As a game its a bit **** imo, very impressive overall but no regular shuriken/projectile attack ruined it for me, just was more of a chore than fun to play.

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09
                      As a game its a bit **** imo, very impressive overall but no regular shuriken/projectile attack ruined it for me, just was more of a chore than fun to play.
                      spot on

Comment

Originally posted by wheelaa
                        It is a little button mashing..but I'm glad you like it. Its in my top 10 saturn games for sure.

I take it you know all the moves. Its fairly essential to mindwash the lesser characters to help you (and then blow em up)
                        No time to play this today. Mindwash you say. Please elaborate.

I aint too sure how I managed it, but I brought some kind of Guardian up (looked like a ghost?), and I managed to decimate everything on screen once or twice with some move.

I got pretty good at blocking attacks with the staff. But it gets a little intense constantly deflecting projectiles. The quick dash move helps a great deal though.

Comment

Working...
                        X