Powering a PC Engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Powering a PC Engine

I've been told that a UK Megadrive PSU will power a PC Engine - but I've noticed that the PCE requires 9V and the MD PSU I have (a mark one) outputs 10V.

Will using it damage the PCE?

No. Next!

Comment

Cheers fella.

Comment

Bumpity bump.

Will a UK SNES PSU be ok to use on a PC Engine? Just bought one but it didn't come with an AC adapter.

(Apologies if this is a stupidly obvious question - I'm a complete idiot when it comes to leads and stuff for consoles)

Comment

Nope. The SNES PSU has a different connector.

Comment

It fits into the hole on the machine though. I'm just scared to turn it on...

Comment

Yeah i dunno about different size connector, if it fits should be fine, turn it on.

I use same adaptor for all my 8/16bit regular stuff, master, mega, pce, cdrom2 etc.

Comment

A UK SNES PSU outputs 9V AC, whereas a PCE requires a 9V DC input. I'd recommend that you use a generic multi-voltage AC/DC adapter set to 9V or get hold of a MD one as above instead.

Comment

Cheers for the help lads.

So (and once again, apologies if I sound a complete idiot) would something like this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AC-DC-mains-ad...QQcmdZViewItem
                  be ok to use with it?

Comment

Yeah deffo

Comment

Just to confirm what you all already know - the MD PSU worked like a dream

Comment

Got a white PCE winging its way to me. Found this thread and wanted to check. You can use a PAL MegaDrive 1 power supply with a PC Engine like the one below?

Comment

Yes mate, i've PM'd you. Sorry i thought i'd already answered!

Comment

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                            X