PC Engine RGB Scart conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PC Engine RGB Scart conversion

Anyone on here know if it's possible to mod a plain white PC Engine to output RGB scart or if it's possible to get hold of a lead that will enable RGB output? I've had a TV modulator before but they output a really crappy picture. If I can't get hold of a lead, I'd like to know of any places that do modifications and what kind of prices i'd be likely to pay. Any info would be gladly appreciated!

Thanks Sharkskin - though it's a little bit scary as I have virtually no electronics expertise! It looks relatively simple, though, for someone 'in the know'. I'm now currently attempting to grow slightly larger bollocks in case I can't find an easier option. PS: If there's any easier options...
    Last edited by JazzFunk; 10-03-2006, 23:27.

Comment

I want to get my CG2 modded...but those instructions look plain scary.

Comment

I think raven games do it,dont they?

Comment

Yep just checked raven games do rgb conversions on the pc engine. Videogameimports also used to do them.

Comment

VGI = poor workmanship.
            Raven = expensive!

To be fair, it's an easy mod to do, especially if you use the expansion port.

Comment

VGI don't do mods anymore - I believe they shipped out their mods to a third party anyway.

When you say 'use the expansion port' - does that mean you can't connect the PCE to a CDROM2 once the mod has been performed?

Comment

Originally posted by Duddyroar
                VGI don't do mods anymore - I believe they shipped out their mods to a third party anyway.

When you say 'use the expansion port' - does that mean you can't connect the PCE to a CDROM2 once the mod has been performed?
                You can still use an add on, it just means that you need to drill a hole in the side of the console.

It doesn't actually affect the expansion bus in any way, as it is soldered on to the bottom of the mobo.

Comment

Originally posted by Duddyroar
                  That's right, and the guy disappeared with loads of customers' machines.

Comment

I believe that Saurian modded stuff for VGI for a good while, so I don't know about poor workmanship - the RGB conversion he did for me was excellent. I think that the previous guy did indeed do a runner though, albeit a good few years ago. I don't think they offer any kind of mod service at the moment.

Comment

I can confirm they don't - VGI were my first port of call because I bought a Duo-RX from them a while back which they RGB modded it for me, and the workmanship was top-class. ?30 and they chucked in a RGB SCART cable too.

Don't suppose Saurian is still modding...?

Comment

Don't think he is, no

Comment

Shame.

Although TBH I could probably put up with composite for the time being - the phono leads plug straight into the front of my telly so it saves me reaching round the back to put the SCART lead in.

Comment

I'm probably a sicko for liking the pce compo****e, it were refreshing after years of **** reds and blues on my rgb modded core mmmm.

Comment

Working...
                            X