X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

quick stepdown question

i have just received my japanese SP

i have a stepdown for my US cube

can I use the US stepdown with my Japanese plugged adaptor without blowing it up?

the Japanese plug does fit the US stepdown, but I noticed that the US and Japanese plugs are slightly different - the US one only allows you to put the plug in one way, whereas the Japanese plug can go in both ways (upside down and right way up) - which makes me think that if its plugged in the wrong way I could damage the adaptor

anyone use a japanese plug and a US plug in the same stepdown with no problems? and if so whats the right way to plug a Japanese plug into a US stepdown?

It's fine, and it makes no diff which way you plug it in.

Comment

brilliant thanks very much treble

Comment

on the same note whats the recommended size for import gamecube i noticed the other day that mine was a 45watt one is this ok ?

Comment

Turning my GC upsidedown reveals a power usage of 39W, so your 45W adaptor should be just OK.

Comment

Rather than start a new topic, where is the cheapest place to buy a GC stepdown transformer?

Cheers

Comment

why not instead phone nintendo and get a uk power supply that will work on an ntsc machine.

Comment

Working...
              X