Bring it Back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bring it Back

Which game would you most like to see brought back to life on next-gen hardware? Twenty years on, and top of my list is Thanatos by Durrell on the Zx Spectrum. Yes, Panzer Dragoon was nice, but I cant help but want something a bit more evil

Imagine a fully 3D realm to fly over and terrorise, it would be stunning. Free-roaming gameplay mixed with angry peasants, heavily defended castles, mythical monsters and of course busty maidens Magic-users to aid you on your quest...
    Please someone deliver this next-gen

I would love to see this remade - What is top of your 'bring it back' list?
    Last edited by Mu5; 12-03-2006, 00:45.

Kaizou Chonin Shubibinman.

The first and third PC Engine games were great, however the second and the Super Famicom versions were a bit.... poo

Comment

I want the Wally Week games to come back. I like the idea of an adventure/platformer being set in a decaying Britain where dropouts and dole-scum pepper the landscape. There was always something uniquely British about them. Jack The Nipper and Skool Daze would be good, too. Rockstar are making Bully but it's unfortunately set in America (and god knows what's happened to it anyway?)

Comment

Originally posted by Superfamifreak

The first and third PC Engine games were great, however the second and the Super Famicom versions were a bit.... poo
        You really know how to hurt people

WTF happened to NCS anywway?

I wanna see a new Golden Fighter deffo, with a rock arranged remake of the music.

Golden Fighter was like a next gen China Warrior/Kung Fu anyway, imagine how good a double super next gen one could be!

Comment

Spy vs spy

Comment

The Panzer Dragoon series.

Comment

A next-gen version of I, Ball please.

With the original voices from the speccy version.

"POWER DISC!"

Comment

The obligatory Pilot Wings vote.

Or if we're talking Spectrum then Armageddon Man.

Comment

I'd love to see a new Ant Attack either in a cheesy B-movie style or in full on terrifying giant ant style.

Comment

Originally posted by Superfamifreak

I agree on the 3rd, it was excellent, one of the best on the Duo. But I actually hated the first. Too clunky and difficult to control. The second was much smoother, though more like Megaman. And the SFC version (called "Zero" wasn't it?) was a fun SD type brawler.

Nice little series, that I think more should have discovered.

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09
                      You really know how to hurt people

WTF happened to NCS anywway?

I wanna see a new Golden Fighter deffo, with a rock arranged remake of the music.

Golden Fighter was like a next gen China Warrior/Kung Fu anyway, imagine how good a double super next gen one could be!
                      I think they went bust a few years back.

Hiryuu No Ken was average at best. I think the SD 1 on 1 fighter was an OK game, but nothing to write home about.

Originally posted by Szczepaniak
                      I agree on the 3rd, it was excellent, one of the best on the Duo. But I actually hated the first. Too clunky and difficult to control. The second was much smoother, though more like Megaman. And the SFC version (called "Zero" wasn't it?) was a fun SD type brawler.

Nice little series, that I think more should have discovered.
                      The first Shubibinman game is my fave PCE HuCARD platformer and along with Neutopia is the only real reson I want to get another PC Engine.

What I loved about the first game was that you can take different routes through the game and depending on which route you take, you can buy different power ups.
                      Last edited by MonkeyJuggleDX; 12-03-2006, 21:36.

Comment

I'd have to say Quazatron or Paradroid. I'd also love to see some Wizball action. Or even a new Supercars game on live.

Comment

Originally posted by eastyy
                          Spy vs spy
                          It's already been done unfortunately, and I say unfortunately because it's a steaming pile of cheap, low-grade turd and the concept just doesn't work in 3D. You can pick it up from those budget games they sell in places like Wilkinsons and Co-Op corner shops for a few bob but I'd recommend against it.

Comment

I'm going to add Ultima's 4, 5, 6 and 7 to my earlier choice. I'd love to see the world of those games rendered Oblivion style.

Comment

Stunt Car Racer

Comment

Working...
                              X