Loaded PS1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loaded PS1

I remember getting a demo of this game when I bought my launch PS1 back in Sep95. I wasn't too impressed. The graphics were pretty reasonable, with some nice colourful effects, but it was too grey&brown and lifeless for my liking. The characters were a nasty bunch, and it did have a sort of grimy-chaos engine feel to it, but ultimately I never bought it!

Was I being harsh, and did I miss out?

There was a sequel too, and a Saturn version, but I never played them!
    Last edited by Leon Retro; 13-03-2006, 12:23.

Strange enough I have been thinking about this game a lot recently, and bought myself a copy on saturday. I got it really cheap, and I'm a sucker for the evil clown type character. I will give it a blast in a short while, and tell you what I think of it now.

Comment

Originally posted by Skull Commander
      Strange enough I have been thinking about this game a lot recently, and bought myself a copy on saturday. I got it really cheap, and I'm a sucker for the evil clown type character. I will give it a blast in a short while, and tell you what I think of it now.
      I have had this game floating around in the back of my mind for the past few weeks, and today I had to get it out of my system.

I hope to read your impressions sometime soon!

Comment

its basically a blast a thon.......... and one of the many games on the PSX that helped launch the casual gamer type of game when Sony was starting out back in the day. I remember playing the demo too. it was fun for like 30 mins but like most games based around mindless shooting. Its gets repetative fast. I like the cheap affect of the transparency they used to hide draw distance and maintain that clostraphobic idea.

For those that have not played it, dont worry you have not missed much.

Comment

I loved and hated the game at the same time.

Loved it cos it was great fun - hated it because it got so bloody difficult later on.

The sequel (Re-loaded) had exactly the same effect on me.

Comment

i have this game for the saturn.

I think its like most psone to saturn conversions in that is that there are worse graphics but the gameplay is pretty much the same

Comment

Iv just had a 'blast' on the first level of the ps1 version, and while it is as fun as I remember, it is pretty repetitive. Good for the 1.50 I paid for it, and certainly worth buying if your a fan of gauntlet style gameplay, with deranged characters.

Comment

When I first got my PSX and games were thin on the ground, I bought Loaded. The good things first: For the time, it looked amazing. The lighting effects and transparent explosions really did make it look a generation apart from the MD/SNES. The character designs were also brilliant (a guy who worked on 2000AD did them).

However, the action got dull quickly. This really is just mindless blasting. It's a typical first-gen 32-bit title - graphically impressive but nothing that couldn't have been done on a 16-bit console in terms of gameplay.

Reloaded was more of the same - although the impact of the graphics had lessened by the time it came out.

Comment

I first played this on the Demo 1 disc and was quite impressed at the time by the lighting effects and 3D-ness of it so I ended up trading in my Ridge Racer for it. It's not bad for a blast but it ends up being really repetitive and gets more and more lifeless as it goes on because the levels are boringly designed and there's no variation in gameplay. The big baby character has a nice laser though. Avoid the sequel - it looks worse for some reason and has the same flaws as the original.

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk
                    I first played this on the Demo 1 disc and was quite impressed at the time by the lighting effects and 3D-ness of it so I ended up trading in my Ridge Racer for it. It's not bad for a blast but it ends up being really repetitive and gets more and more lifeless as it goes on because the levels are boringly designed and there's no variation in gameplay. The big baby character has a nice laser though. Avoid the sequel - it looks worse for some reason and has the same flaws as the original.
                    Traded Ridge Racer for Loaded The word ' GUTTED ' springs to mind!

Comment

I had the misfortune to buy this for the Saturn. Terrible game.

Comment

All this talk of loaded and not a single mention for Pop Will Eat Itself - shameful!

Comment

Originally posted by kingston lj
                          Traded Ridge Racer for Loaded The word ' GUTTED ' springs to mind!
                          Yes! Had to re-trade Loaded AND Cybersled to get it back, too. Learned my lesson that day, I tell you.

Comment

I have this on Saturn, got it for nearly free (it and a load of other discs were thrown in with a few games that I actually paid for). Haven't played it yet but it sounds like my kind of thing. Just haven't had the Saturn out in ages really.

Comment

Totally soulless game. I found everything apart from the Namco offerings to be like this on PSX when it first came out - which is why I swapped it for a Saturn shortly after launch.

I was convinced it was gonna be another 3D0/Jaguar.

Comment

Working...
                              X