RadioSega

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RadioSega

(This is a new edit of the first post, so there's not duplicate threads on essentially the same subject )

This first post about a month or so ago, was telling you all about a wee site I made that broadcasted Sega music online using shoutcast, and the fact it was in testing, and I was still developing it now.

Well, RadioSEGA is GO!

This weekend I've started to play RadioSEGA 24/7, and I'm happy with the website, and things are going!

The current playlist is online on the site, if you want to see what's playing. I have over 4,000 tracks on my PC. Almost 500 of those are in the current playlist. I will be adding 50-100 new tracks to expand the playlist daily. I'm not sticking on all 4,000 or so tracks simply because some are terrible, and I feel only the good stuff should be played!

I may run some competitions in May/June also, to win new copies of OutRun 2006, Sega T-Shirts, and stuff like that, whatever I can get hold of that won't make me poor! Ideas how the compeititions could work would be appreciated!

Finally, a BIG THANKYOU to Strider for putting my site into gamesTM & Retro Gamer magazines! (Article here)

Please give me any feedback, or even requests for what you think should be put into the playlist!

Thanks!

http://radio.mysega.co.uk

Last edited by SegaMark; 23-04-2006, 20:06.

currently playing now NiGHTS - After The Dream.. and i've got the whole creative studio's attention.. non-gaming scum here have no idea what's going on, the rest are currently adding to their itunes radio station list!!.. great!!

Comment

Haha excellent! Excuse me if any crap plays, I'm currently adding anything I see - then in a week or two I'll start to plow through it all, deleting the terrible stuff, which isn't much tbh (Mostly Space Channel 5 voice parts).

I've added some non-Sega tunes, well, third party exclusive stuff such as Radiant Silvergun, and some third party stuff that's well known for a Sega console such as Metal Slug, XMEN vs Street Fighter etc...

Comment

so you only play track from sega games then? is the old sreets of rage in there too? ooohhhhhhhhh............ can i podcast this then?

Comment

Streets of Rage just played as you asked that

Sega Games + The odd few best stuff that's been on a Sega console such as Radiant Silvergun, Metal Slug.

Podcast, thats when you download to your Mp3 isn't it?
          Currently it's actually a live broadcast, streaming, would it work?

Comment

i'm waiting for Streets Of Rage to kick in.. at which point i'm gonna PuMp Up ThE VoLuMe!

--

damn was away from my desk!..

Comment

hmm............ i have no idea really as i am new to this whole podcast malarkey, hey can i request tracks here? id like to hear some err........... xenon 2 and sword of beserk! ooo........ I should really take a look at yah link.............. nic idea m8.

Comment

Well when I'm at home I'll take the odd request, 98% of the time Winamp decides at random what to play - seems to do a good job at picking good stuff!

Not sure about Podcasting, all I know is that using Winamp, Windows Media Player or any compatible player such as Real, will let you listen live.

If you can't connect to the Winamp stream, it's probally full, at the moment only one connection is allowed, hopefully tonight it'll be increased to 5. Windows Media is the easiest to get on, always free slots atm.

(If you wana see if Winamp is used - go here: http://radio.mysega.co.uk/advanced.php - it will tell you if the one slot is in use)

Comment

hey you could havea now playing info bar, cos i dont recognise some of the ish, thats playing. Jus a thought, or am i too stupid to already notice you have one?

Comment

Originally posted by 112
                    hey you could havea now playing info bar, cos i dont recognise some of the ish, thats playing. Jus a thought, or am i too stupid to already notice you have one?

Just under the Tune In buttons is a Now Playing info bar, which I'll make prettier tonight.

(Note:- The Now Playing info may show the next track before you even hear it, maybe 5 seconds before, or upto a minute before, depends on your buffer, and lag)

Comment

itunes is working great, the track updates at the same time the song kicks in

Comment

Take it you're using the Winamp stream? It's probally the quickest of the streams. With Winamp you also get the info straight to the player... Unlike Media Player which just says "RadioSEGA" all the time.

Another program I can add to the compatibility list!

Comment

i'm on my mac at work and listening through itunes, all running well and updating as soon as the next track kicks in

Comment

I always thought I'd possibly have a problem with Mac users not being able to use the service, but since you can, it's all good.

Comment

its a good range of tuowns m8, beats me draining my ipod battery, and its constant too! damn that last streets of rage 3 track jus cuts out on you, are you gonna have like a 2 second pause or a fade out or are you jus stopping it dead at the end of each track?

Comment

Working...
                              X