Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

X-Arcade stick

Does anyone have one of these?

I'm building myself up psychologically to clear the "investment" with Mrs Sheriff. I've only heard a few reports but so far they're all positive. Has anyone here tried it, and if so, do you think it's worth the price?

They're American sticks. Avoid.

Comment

Oh god

I tried one of these in a shop - it's TERRIBLE! the stick has FAR too much play/motion on it and the overall shape of the unit is just plain stupid.

Only the Japanese know how to make decent aracde sticks (I'm yet to be proven otherwise) - this thing is complete crap and a waste of money.

Comment

I'm glad I asked first.

Comment

Bruv if you cant get hold of a DOA stick, wait for the Soul Calibur stick or get a convertor -

Comment

I liked the idea of one stick working on all consoles. I love my DC arcade stick to an almost carnal extent, but I want something just as good for GC (SC2 Link version!) and PS2 (GGX and VF4). TBH I've not really looked into the convertor issue but I'd be surprised if you can get a DC to GC convertor for example.

Comment

For real

I'm having the same conversation on MSN at the moment - I think I'm just gonna splash out on new sticks one-time. I need the Hori Xbox and PS2 arcade sticks and I'm set - you cant skimp on sticks ^^

It's just the delivery cost that kills

Comment

Any danger the Hori SC2 stick for PS2 will work on a GC through a converter? My ASCII stick doesnt...

Comment

I know several arcade enthusiasts with this stick.. they are all very happy with it, so I guess that goes against what Saurian said. They are both heavy players and cab collectors too. I do know at least one tightened up the stick slightly though... it is possible if you think it is too loose...
                  Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Hmmm.... and so I start to sway back towards the "pro" camp.

The ideal solution would be for Sega, now they're multi-platform, to bring out a new version of the DC stick with adaptors for all the current consoles.

But that's not going to happen is it?

Comment

Originally posted by Saurian
                      I need the Hori Xbox and PS2 arcade sticks and I'm set - you cant skimp on sticks ^^
                      Saur, where did you find an Xbox Hori Stick? I can't find one anywhere on the net... ft:

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem
                        I know several arcade enthusiasts with this stick.. they are all very happy with it, so I guess that goes against what Saurian said. They are both heavy players and cab collectors too. I do know at least one tightened up the stick slightly though... it is possible if you think it is too loose...
                        It depends on your style and what you are playing ennit.

For what I'm doing I need a stick with very little movement range and VERY light/loose - this Xbox arcade stick has a large movement range and is very stiff. This stick is ****e for games like ESP Ra De, Gigawing and Dimahoo but may be fine for other things - cant think of any tho.

Comment

Am I right in thinking the SC2 stick is just the Tekken 4 stick repackaged?

Comment

Originally posted by Saurian
                            It depends on your style and what you are playing ennit.
                            Indeedly doodly... most of them are 2D beat'em up players (SF, MK, KoF etc) or classic pre 84 machine fans...
                            Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Sheriff - ASCII made the Sega sticks.

I suggest you get a couple of decent Hori PS2 sticks. If you want to play them on your other consoles, simply use PS2->x pad adapters, I can't think of a recent console without them.

Comment

Working...
                              X