PC Engine Dungeon explorer 1 + 2 Jap questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PC Engine Dungeon explorer 1 + 2 Jap questions

I have a Jap PC engine, and want to play Dungeon Explorer 1 + 2. Getting hold of the US English translation of DE 2 costs over US$200 on fleabay! And the US HuCard of DE 1 will not work on my Jap console.

So...

Anyone know if the jap versions of Dungeon explorer are worth playing in spite of the language difference?

I assume there are no online translations since the games were US releases too.

My only other option is to burn an iso of dungeon explorer US version to CD-R, but I am not sure if this will work on an actual console.
    Last edited by buckrogers; 20-03-2006, 01:52.

I've never played either game, but I understand that the first was very much like Gauntlet, and when CVG reviewed it all those years ago they gave it a very high score, regardless of the language barrier.

Comment

I just read on a PC Engine forum that a few guys have completed Y's 3, 4 etc. in Japanese, so I guess it should not be easier if anything.

Comment

I've had no problems doing Dungeon Explorer on Jap. Pretty simple to do really. Just a case of kill everything as there isn't much text.

Ys 4 is great as well, but there are a few tricky bits.

Comment

Working...
        X