I've finally taken the plunge Saturn [step down question]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've finally taken the plunge Saturn [step down question]

I closely follow the "Post everytime you get ANYTHING retro. We want to know (^v^)" thread. I've noticed that the Sega Saturn has a massive following here and i'm intrigued. I never had one when it was released, I opted for the PS1.

So i've been reading about them and looking at the games available and I have to say i'm very tempted to get one, I'm sure it would make a lovely addition to my collection!!

So should I or shouldn't I?..

and which one if I do, there are so many!!
    Last edited by chojin; 24-04-2006, 15:38.

No-brainer! Go for it!

As for which one to get.. go jap as if u get a pal one you'll need to 60hz it which can be a pain in the bum! Though im not sure which one is best tho.. I mean the early version or the later one (with the round buttons) I think there are some compatibility issues with one of the two.

Comment

sorry should have said, I'd be going Jap all the way

actually probably was a foregone conclusion before I even posted the thread that i'd be getting one..

i've seen a few JP White sets on ebay for around the 60-80 mark.. is that about the right price?

Comment

Well tbh i saw a goldish brown one (blue buttons) with saturn bomberman go for a buy-it-now of 25 quid. So I'd be a bit wary. Unless its minty-mint and really worth it!

Comment

No, get a ps1 instead most saturn games got a ps1 release too (not the sega stuff obviously) and a lot of stuff the saturn didnt. And dont belive the hype when they say the ps1 cant handle 2d games it can, just as well in most cases and sometimes better!

Comment

yeah I like my consoles as minty mint as I can get

Comment

Originally posted by SuperDanX
              No, get a ps1 instead most saturn games got a ps1 release too (not the sega stuff obviously) and a lot of stuff the saturn didnt. And dont belive the hype when they say the ps1 cant handle 2d games it can, just as well in most cases and sometimes better!
              Dude everyone is entitled to their opinion but just look at the jap-only saturn games out there! as for the 2d fighters.. have u seen Marvel super heroes vs SF running on the 4mb ram cartridge and compared the two on each format? There is NO comparison!

I love both consoles but CLEARLY the saturn pees all over the ps when it comes to 2d fighters and shooters. Radiant Silvergun anyone?

Comment

The Saturn is worth buying for Sega Rally alone!

Comment

I too missed out on the Saturn when I opted for a Playstation.

The Saturn has some lovely stuff on it, so I had to get one.

Still enjoy my PSone though. Infact I'm enjoying it more than the Saturn at the moment.

Comment

Hmm think you'll find there are twice as many jp ps1 games than there are jp saturn games. As for 2d shooters it can match anything the saturns got. 2d fighters i accept are better on the saturn but if youve never had one you wont notice. But as you say i was just expressing my opinion which your welcome to think is wrong if you wish..

Comment

Go for a switched Jap one (white ones are fairly cheap and nice). I personally hate the Pal cases so i only buy the Pal versions if the game needs it ie. Panzer Dragoon Saga, Guardian Heroes etc.
                      If you like hooters and beat em ups then you will be in heaven with a Saturn (and who doesn't like hooters?).

Comment

Go for it.....

I knew you couldn't fight it...

Comment

The Saturn is worth it for Saga and Silvergun alone. Cliche and predictable - but doesn't make it any less true.

Comment

Originally posted by smallvillex
                            Go for it.....

I knew you couldn't fight it...
                            its all your fault!

Comment

Originally posted by chojin
                              its all your fault!
                              You should thank me....

ALL CREDIT GOES TO ME...............

Comment

Working...