SOR vs FF. Fight!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOR vs FF. Fight!

Which was your favourite scrolling beat em up, Streets of rage or Final fight?

Streets of rage wins hands down for me. The music was superior as was the depth of combat. I preferred the majority of the characters as well.

For me it was Streets Of Rage

They managed to capture the vibe perfectly, the music worked really well to give the game an urban atmosphere. It felt right whereas Final Fight was pretty funny.

Comment

Final Fight for me. The pace, the level design and the style just interests me more. I keep eyeing SFC Final Fight Tough and SS Final Fight Revenge, no matter how crap they are meant to be....

Comment

I would have to say SOR for the superior moves, but is it me or did sor rip off a few of the ff characters?(Fat boss dudes and prosi's being a good example)

Comment

i think u can guess by my name my answer but anyway its Streets of Rage all the way for me, I find all 3 to be utter masterpieces

Comment

Final Fight for me - the fist action (oo-er) was ultimately more satisfying.

Plus, Mike Haggar, Mayor of the city, taking out the trash = cool

Comment

One thing that I really liked about SOR was the way in which enemies became smarter as the game progressed. For example the bald headed thugs would be easy to take down with a flying kick early one, but later they began to uppercut you out of the air. This meant you had to adjust your fighting style.

Comment

Final Fight...... i have lost count on the amount of times i've completed it

Comment

Although I've put more time into final fight. I'd have to go with SOR.

The intro alone with the music is enough to make my eyes water up.

Comment

Final Fight, it was the scrolling fighter that everyone wanted to play.

Comment

Originally posted by Madbury
                      Although I've put more time into final fight. I'd have to go with SOR.

The intro alone with the music is enough to make my eyes water up.
                      That is my favourite piece of game music ever. I had the arranged version on the Streets Of Rage soundtrack - when I got made redundant from my job some unworthy twat threw it away with the rest of the stuff I had at work

I had the arranged version of Round 4 music too! *breaks down*

Comment

I still play FF to this day regularly, love it to bits. Never got too much into SOR, although I did clock 2 with a mate.

I love the playability, jump in the air, press down and fire for a knee then just fire for a fly kick, OR just the knee and jab, jab, knee, roundhouse with Cody.

WICKED!!

Comment

SOR Series easily.

Final Fight 1 is great,especially the CD version, but it's sequals suck ass.

Streets Of Rage 2 is the pinnacle of side-scrolling beat em ups. The music, characters, enemy and boss design and variation in locations make it a joy to play every time. Fanbloodytastic!

I would love to hear the arrange soundtrack, Yuzo Koshiro was the 16-bit genius. Any where i can download it for now, before i find it? Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Saurian
                            when I got made redundant from my job some unworthy twat threw it away with the rest of the stuff I had at work

I had the arranged version of Round 4 music too! *breaks down*
                            Ouch

Thats hardly cricket is it ?

I'd have to go with SOR, because I could play it without having to pump a load of 10p coins into it ( unlike FF which I never owned on console )

The music for the first and second ones was soooo good

Comment

SOR easily. Yuzo Koshiro does the most amazing music and the urban setting was so awesome.

Remember Sega are doing a PS2 update to both LB and SOR on the 3D AGES label!

Comment

Working...
                              X