NiGHTS vs Xmas NiGHTS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NiGHTS vs Xmas NiGHTS

Is it me or is Nights slower than Xmas nights? I seem to prefer it somewhat. Also, are there any dates other than xmas day where the game is different on xmas nights?

Nope, it's not any slower. Are you playing the PAL version of Christmas Nights on a modded 50/60hz Saturn?

GameFaqs has a list of calendar-specific changes. If you set it to an early January date you get Nights "Limited Edition" which has nice music in the background.

Comment

New Year's Day, Valentines Day, Aprils Fools Day & Dec 31st 2099 all have cool **** happening. Only effect I can remember off-hand is April 1st, where you play as Reala instead of Nights

Comment

Has anyone got some screenshots of NiGHTS? I've not ever found out anything about it.

Comment

I was being a n00b earlier. I played NiGHTS without using the face buttons to boost, then used boost on Xmas NiGHTS, making me think it was faster. For shame!!!

I had these games 10 years ago when they came out. No analogue controller, though. Its MUCH better with it. I'm addicted all over again.

Thanks to the forum's very own Nakano for selling me one in superb nick

Comment

NiGHTS is ace. The only Sega game in my top 10.

Everyone should own it.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidFallows
              NiGHTS is ace. The only Sega game in my top 10.

Everyone should own it.
              Too bad most people didn't get NiGHTS when it was released (in the mental sense). It should have been the Saturn's defining glory but the Mario 64 hype killed it.
              Last edited by Mephistopheles; 28-03-2006, 05:26.

Comment

Really loved nights.

I am sure i was really bitter about one mag giving it a fairly low score (think it might have been gamesmaster not sure though

Comment

The only small gripe with NiGHTS is that you can't zoom the camera out (can you?) so the levels rely on memorising where the rings are. Other than that its pretty pefect. I don't really get A-Life, though. I know its a bit like Chao but there doesnt seem to be much difference when you go back to them.

Comment

I would've liked to have got this when I had a Saturn.. Financial reason's I expect. What are the chances of me being able to pick up a copy and a saturn nowadays?

Comment

Pretty good. They're hardly rare - worth about ?25 in good condition with pad and are all over ebay.

If you want a top condition box you may have to wait a few weeks for one to be listed but they always are.

Back in the day I had the longbox version. Get the 3D pad with it, it makes a big difference.

Comment

When I first got NiGHTS I used to play with a D-PAD. It was thumb joint death, thank god I got hold of a 3D Pad. :P

One of my favourite games ever.

Comment

Or wait for it on the Rev!

Comment

The rev doesnt support Saturn, does it?

Going off topic now, sorry.

Comment

Remember getting christmas nights and thinking this is one of the best free gifts ever.

Because they put so much time into it

Comment

Working...
                              X