Hyper Duel - Saturn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hyper Duel - Saturn

It's been at least 5 minutes since I bought a shooter, & I'm already hankering after another one - although I want horizontal action this time. How does Hyper Duel stack up? Seems to command fairly big money on the 'bay & so forth.

Any opinions/discussion of the game much appreciated

I really like it, best Macross-y game ever.

The SS remix has lovely bright arcadey graphics, typically class Tecnosoft music. Scrolls along nice and quick, doesn't really slow down and has very satisfying, beefy lasers.
    Pisses all over ThunderForce V.

Worth the money IMO.

Comment

Got Hyper Duel for Xmas last year it's a great game.

Tecnosoft at there very best, the advantage with the Saturn version is you have two modes Arcade and Saturn. Arcade mode is a perfect port where as Saturn mode has new graphic's and sound.

Great two player mode as well, only down side is it's not the best looking game and I would disagree with SharkSkin-Man and say that Thunder Force V is better but only just.

Comment

Anybody know any vids of this floating about? Wouldn't mind to see it moving before I flex the plastic.

Comment

Originally posted by S3M

Great two player mode as well, only down side is it's not the best looking game and I would disagree with SharkSkin-Man and say that Thunder Force V is better but only just.
          The SS mode has excellent graphics?! Certainly far better than TFV (one of the ugliest games ever made).

I can't find any vids Geoff - the internet really is **** for these kind of things.

Hyper Duel is the kind of game you will always get back what you paid for it, so its not really a gamble.

Comment

Originally posted by Geoff D
            Anybody know any vids of this floating about? Wouldn't mind to see it moving before I flex the plastic.
            You could try Mame Geoff, if you leave it on the title screen you will see a demo.

Comment

There is a very large video on super-play.co.uk

Comment

Very bland and dull. Certainly not worth the money it goes for. Even the Saturn mode looks very ugly. Stick to Thunderforce 4 on the MD its a lot cheaper and a lot more enjoyable.

Comment

Well I'd be a fan of Hyper Duel for sure. Nice and simple blasting action with no gimmickry to get in the way. If only they'd used the graphical style of this game in Thunderforce V (ie all sprites) it may have been alot more palatable and indeed playable.

There's a nice selection of 3 ships all which play quite differently. There's an absolute minimum of different buttons to use, things like TFV and RSG drive me mad in this department. The music and sound are pretty good, if standard Technosoft fare. I'd say it's probably worth the cash and I prefer it over alot of the other expensive Saturn shooters.

I've cut down my bundle of Saturn shooters from 50 odd to about 15 and Hyper Duel is one of the ones staying.

Comment

Working...
                  X