Beggar Prince

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beggar Prince

Beggar Prince (Chinese Xin Qigai Wangzi ?????, litterally The New The Prince and the Pauper) is a Taiwanese game for Sega Mega Drive, originally released in 1996. An English translation of the game is currently in the works by American company Super Fighter Team, and will probably be released for the Sega Genesis in the United States during spring 2006. Beggar Prince is the first game for the Sega Genesis to be released in the United States since 1998.
    Does anybody have any further information regarding this release? What was the original game like? Anyone own a copy?

Theres an official website for it somewhere, looks nice.

Comment

I've had a copy pre-ordered for ages now. Not sure what's taking so long.

Comment

www.beggarprince.com

One of the guys behind it posted an update on DP a couple of days back saying that it's on it's way soon, and hinted that the early pre-orderers may get some kind of bonus for their patience. I emailed him yesterday to ask for an estimated shipping date, but haven't heard anything back yet

Comment

I asked for a free copy so I could review it in the mag, but they wont send one

Comment

Thanks for the link anagrama

Just ordered my copy.

Comment

Another update today on DP (here) - apparently, the latest word is now that they will be shipping "just before June".

Comment

I've had my copy for a couple of days but I can't get the game to save at all.

Anyone else got the game? I've heard of one other person that this happened to, so i'm pretty concerned.

Comment

That's disturbing. I ordered one only recently so don't expect it yet but that doesn't make me smile. How's your copy anagrama?

Also whats the general quality like? Comparable to the real deal?

Comment

Mines come, not played it yet.

Qualitys okay, the manuals great, the artwork on the sleeve is rubbish, my sleeve was crinkled, and the plastic cover is a bit too big, and the inserts a bit too big.

The carts great too.

The case is just like one that would come with an MD bootleg, so its not fantastic, IMO they should of not made any cases specially, just ship the cart, manual and sleeve.. any MD gamer should have a spare case.. not hard to find, just take off a crappy game..

Overall quality is good

Comment

Got an email from Super Fighter Team. The game will only save as you don't have a Mega CD or 32X attached. I have both!

Bit of a bugger really.

Comment

I've not had any chance to play it yet, but someone posted this at DP regarding saving:

Each and every game cartridge has been tested with special hardware prior to shipping to ensure that both the data area and the SRAM area are in good, working order. The visible proof of this is the single saved game that appears in slot 1 when choosing the "continue" option for the first time; it was a test save used to ensure there were no problems with the construction of the board as far as saving your game is concerned.

That said, you may only save your game while the prince is standing inside of a "time seal", or while you are walking on the world map. Saving your game is accomplished by pressing the START button during play, and selecting the icon of the pen writing in the book.

In order to save your game while inside a "time seal", the prince must be positioned over the "time seal" so that he is inside it (you'll see him, but the "time seal" will be swirling around his body).

Please refer to the instruction manual for more information.
                        Also, make sure you're not playing through a 32X - apparently that somehow causes problems with saving too.

edit: beaten to it

Comment

so what do people think of this game ? , i dont even own a megadrive anymore but this looks really good .. also anyone got a pic of the cart , case and manual

thanks

Comment

nice, but could've been better imo...
                            Last edited by kallbrand; 05-06-2006, 21:04.

Comment

thanks for that , i just think its so cool that someone has released a mega drive game

Comment

Working...
                              X