Under Defeat CD style cover now available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Under Defeat CD style cover now available

Under Defeat CD covers are now complete and available for download from my FTP. Here's a quick look at them in crappy resolution so you can see what you'll be getting.

The download versions are all 600dpi BMP files which look beautiful ! Here's what it looks like once it's printed. These pictures don't do it justice.

CD & DVD version front

CD & DVD version back

CD & DVD version spine

Here is the cover with another original Japanese Dreamcast game. As you can see the Under Defeat one looks quite the part.

Download information (FTP)

IP Addres - segagagadomain.serveftp.com
    Login - under
    Password - defeat
    Port - 21

The files are quite big in size - FRONT = 23.3 MB BACK = 28 MB SPINE = 10.5 MB

Yakumo

That looks fantastic.

Shame I don't have a quality printer to make use of them

Comment

Being daft here but... did you actually produce the cover artwork? I saw a copy in my local story yesterday and didn't put 2 & 2 together. If you did, I salute you.

Comment

Originally posted by carbon boy
        Being daft here but... did you actually produce the cover artwork? I saw a copy in my local story yesterday and didn't put 2 & 2 together. If you did, I salute you.
        Yes, there is no official CD cover art for Under Defeat. Those covers and spine card were all created by me using images found in the gallery mode on Under Defeat plus a back CD cover template that I made ages ago. Not sure what you saw in the store but it wasn't the covers above.

Yakumo

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo
          Not sure what you saw in the store but it wasn't the covers above.

Yakumo
          Oh. My mistake. Failed to read the post correctly. You've copied the DVD artwork for use as CD cover. I saw the DVD case, not a CD. I thought that you had created the original artwork.

Sorry.
          Last edited by carbon boy; 31-03-2006, 14:02.

Comment

Originally posted by C'
            That looks fantastic.

Shame I don't have a quality printer to make use of them
            Same here

Thanks a lot though Yakumo. Must have taken a fair bit of effort.

Comment

That looks great Yakumo. But where are you gonna stick the soundtrack CD?
              Like others have said, no printing capabilities here so I'll just have to stick with the DVD case which does look very nice anyway.

Comment

Buy touken retsuden or giant gram 2000, both easy to get and cheap. Flog the discs and manuals and then use the double cd case to house both the game and soundtrack a la border down!!

Comment

Nice one for doing those CD covers although I can't wotk out how to get to them.

Can I link striaght to the files through your site? Apologies for being a moron, I'm not tech savy.

Comment

You'll need an FTP program, such as SmartFTP to access the files.

Thanks for doing these Yakumo

Comment

Originally posted by Julio III
                      That looks great Yakumo. But where are you gonna stick the soundtrack CD?
                      Like others have said, no printing capabilities here so I'll just have to stick with the DVD case which does look very nice anyway.
                      The soundtrack I've ripped to MP3 since my stereo can play MP3 & WMA as well as normal CDs, so now I'll just store the OST in the DVD case which will be placed in the cupboard with my MD games. Actually you can get those double slimline CD cases that are the same size as normal CD cases so you could still use the covers in one of those. They sell those cases here for 3 for 100 yen. Think I've got some laying around some where.

Yakumo

Comment

Hehe Yakumo, is there no end to your graphical skills (^_^)

If only you could make me a slip cover for my pacman vs disk (^_^)

Comment

Any chance of a CD label?

Comment

TIFFing with LZW might be in order, since slow FTP speed (15k max) means it takes about half-an-hour to get each of those cover bitmaps But lovely nonetheless, and much appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by lettuce
                              Any chance of a CD label?
                              But why would you need a CD label if you have a legit copy; the disks are already printed with artwork?

Comment

Working...
                              X