Saturn hidden gems?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saturn hidden gems?

I find myself playing quite a lot of Saturn games lately, so much so I'm wondering if my collection needs expanding on.

I have pretty much all of the big hitters, - Radiant Silvergun, Sokyugerentai, Panzer Dragoon 1-3, Sega Rally etc. But I'm wondering are there any lesser known, but great games I should really own?

I just bought the Twinbee pack and Fighters Megamix on eBay. The former I already have in MAME but I felt it belonged in my collection anyway, and the latter I hope is good but I fear it won't have aged well.

So you can see what I already have, my IGN list - http://club.ign.com/b/list/custom?&lid=100045&objt=1&grp1=20111&owner=kotatsu &mode=vown (for easy viewing choose 'view collection by platform/saturn' on the left hand side of the screen)
    My Saturn is an unmodded white JP system and my Japanese skills aren't really good enough to handle RPGs. Princess Crown was a pain to play.
    Last edited by Kotatsu Neko; 02-04-2006, 13:44.

Batsugun, Battle Garegga and Hyper Duel if you like shooters.

Comment

Is Hyper Duel worth the $150 it commands on eBay?

Comment

Hardly a hidden gem, but you don't appear to have Virtua Cop. A must-have if ever there was one.

Comment

Originally posted by Kotatsu Neko
          Is Hyper Duel worth the $150 it commands on eBay?
          Depends how you look at it. If you're going to play it for hours and hours then yes it is.

It's certainly better than a lot of $150 NeoGeo games.

Comment

Originally posted by Kubrick
            Hardly a hidden gem, but you don't appear to have Virtua Cop. A must-have if ever there was one.
            TBH I'm not a huge fan of light gun games, and I run my Sat on an LCD panel, so a light gun wouldn't work anyway.

Comment

Kyukyoku Tiger II is a real favourate of mine and isn't that well known.

Comment

Originally posted by moonwhistle
                Kyukyoku Tiger II is a real favourate of mine and isn't that well known.
                agreed

i love kaitei daisensou - but i cant get it too work on my saturn - mame only for me

Comment

I'd say you absolutely need to get Keio Flying Squadron 2. It's one of the best platformers on the system.

Comment

Thats already on his list...

Comment

No it's not.

Comment

Keio Yugekitai

Comment

Ah okay. Sorry, I didn't know that was the Japanese title.

Comment

try:

chase hq plus s.c.i.
                            time gal and ninja hayate (since roadblaster and thunderstorm are on the list)
                            blast wind
                            darius gaiden
                            darius 2
                            gradius deluxe
                            pulirula arcade gears
                            gals panic SS
                            Metal Slug

Comment

Hmmm I'm bound to say this, but if you are looking for a serious gaming challenge, but a good one I'd say Super Robot Taisen F and its follow up Super robot Taisen F Final. They are fantastic games, and also a very meaty challenge.

For more games of the challenging TRPG nature try the entire Langrisser series especially 3 and 4 and even Black/Matrix is a ok little TRPG on the Saturn. I'm bound to favour these though.

I suppose my choices arent really hidden though but gems they most certainly are.
                              Last edited by AdamJW; 02-04-2006, 15:46.

Comment

Working...
                              X