The Blaggers Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Blaggers Thread

Ok I?m not a major collector or anything, but I have a few computers and consoles and over 50% of them I didn?t pay a penny for. Not that I?m wanting to sound like ?ha ha look what I?ve got for free? or anything, I?ve not got anything special for free and if I was offered something of worth, I would inform people of the potential value of the object, but it is amazing what you get given when people know you?re a bit of geek.

Blagged items include:

1) Atari 2600 (pong with paddles is still the most two player gaming fun available, I can even get my mrs to play)

2) Commodore 64

3) Amiga

4) Atari ST

5) SNES (American)

6) My NeoGeo pocket was a birthday present don?t know if that counts

7) I?ve got a Dreamcast in the works, but I think I may have to bung the bloke a few quid, I?ll let you know.

So what have you blagged, what will people give away for free, I?m always amazed, maybe it?s just that people think I?m a charity case, I do wonder sometimes.

I think the only thing I've gotten given for free has been a couple of hu-cards, a multitap and a loose Spriggan Mark 2 CD .. which is worth more than a tenner at least.

Comment

i dunno about blagging it, but ive helped mates out and in return ive received the following:

Nintendo M82 - 12 slot system
      Many, many rare-ish PAL MD games - inc. Phantasy Star IV etc
      Many, many NES PAL games
      Too many MS PAL games
      Castlevania Symphony Of Night (ps1 PAL)
      Snatcher (MCD)
      THE LIST GOES ON REALLY!

I'd say the only thing i suppose i've blagged is when i got Phantasy Star on the MS (complete) from gamestation for 99p!! - when i stashed it with all the rest of the 1.99p BUY ONE GET ONE FREE OFFER (naughty me hey?!)
      Last edited by Wolverine; 03-04-2006, 09:46. Reason: hyes

Comment

Not really blagged anything I don't think, but Margoos was extremely generous yesterday and threw in Pok?mon Stadium 2 (Jap N64) and Super Street Fighter II (US SNES) when I bought Yoshi's Story (Jap N64) from him.

All for ?6! ^_^

Comment

Got a free marty 2 that was supposedly bust as it wouldn't reading cds. Opened it up, pushed one clip in place to tell the system the cd lid was closed, and had a fully working marty 2.

Comment

My girlfriend used to work as a manager for a bunch of charity shops and she was always bringing me stuff home. I got:

A Mega Drive and Mega CD- Already had an MD so I sawed the cart slot out so I could play Jap games
            About 20 MD games
            A NES with five games
            A Master System with a lightgun
            A Nintendo 64 and a bunch of games
            A bagfull of Game Boy accessories (link cables, torches, magnifiers etc)

Comment

Originally posted by MattyD
              My girlfriend used to work as a manager for a bunch of charity shops and she was always bringing me stuff home. I got:

A Mega Drive and Mega CD- Already had an MD so I sawed the cart slot out so I could play Jap games
              About 20 MD games
              A NES with five games
              A Master System with a lightgun
              A Nintendo 64 and a bunch of games
              A bagfull of Game Boy accessories (link cables, torches, magnifiers etc)
              Thats not blagging! thats stealing!

Comment

Originally posted by wheelaa
                Got a free marty 2 that was supposedly bust as it wouldn't reading cds. Opened it up, pushed one clip in place to tell the system the cd lid was closed, and had a fully working marty 2.
                best one yet. Keep it going me old wheel of fortune, wheelspinning, whilst doing wheeley's WHEELAA dude

(yes im bored!...ok im going )

Comment

I've had a few bits & bobs from friends in the past: SMS2 with a bunch of games, boxed PAL Saturn with a few games, chipped PS1, Amiga 1200 with 3 boxes full of disks... probably forgetting a few more...

Comment

Originally posted by 112
                    Thats not blagging! thats stealing!

Well, yes and no. They weren't / aren't allowed to sell electrical items because of some obscure regulations (probably to do with the EU,) so they'd have only chucked it out anyway, or worse - given it to the Game Station down the road (YES, they actually do that! :O ) Otherwise there's no way I'd steal from a charity.

You'd be surprised how much perfectly good stuff gets thrown out for reasons like this. It's shocking really.

Comment

Boxed Mega Drive, in very good condition, only problem is a faulty RF port which can be fixed easily, and a Dreamcast unboxed, decent condition, has the reset problem, again can be fixed.

Comment

ZX Spectrum, 48k.

Fully working Megadrive, unboxed but with all cables, 1 controller.

And while not exactly retro related, i'm blagging an LCD monitor soon (Father's buying it for me )

Comment

Working...
                        X