Playstation man see's the light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Playstation man see's the light

Well sort of, looking to get myself a Saturn but only for the Saturn exclusive titles because im not planing on replacing any of my ps1 games with the Saturn vertions even 'if' there considered 'better'. What id like are some nice recommendations of Saturn exclusive games please. I like shoot em ups and arcade type games mostly so dont bother with any rpg's etc thanks. Also should i go for a jpn console or a switched machine? And can someone explain to me what 'ram carts' are and what there for/do i need them etc Thanks so much.
    Last edited by SuperDanX; 05-04-2006, 15:23.

There are a few similar Saturn threads, hit that search button.

Comment

Search dude search!

Comment

Couldnt find any threads about saturn exclusive games.

Comment

there's one right here...

SATURN GEMS

Comment

That didn't last too long, did it?

Comment

Originally posted by Tetsuo
              That didn't last too long, did it?
              lol.. nope LINKETY LINK

Comment

Originally posted by chojin
                lol.. nope LINKETY LINK
                thats one of 5 matey! Anyone going to help me ?

Comment

Originally posted by SuperDanX
                  thats one of 5 matey! Anyone going to help me ?
                  my bad!
                  Last edited by chojin; 05-04-2006, 15:08.

Comment

yes , the ram cart is used for games that need extra ram to run like xmen vs capcom , sfz3 the list goes on , it makes the saturn far better than the ps1 for 2D fighters

Comment

Originally posted by trev1976
                      yes , the ram cart is used for games that need extra ram to run like xmen vs capcom , sfz3 the list goes on , it makes the saturn far better than the ps1 for 2D fighters
                      thank you! Ok so they wont run without the extra ram? What size should i get to cover all the options?

Comment

thank you! Ok so they wont run without the extra ram? What size should i get to cover all the options?

Certain games like metal slug , groove on fight only need 1mb of extra ram which sometimes come packaged with the games (but you dont need that) just buy a capcom game with a 4mb ram cart and you can use that for every extra ram problem

Comment

yeah - most of the SNK games use 1MB RAM, Metal SLug, KoF, Real Bout etc, as well as others like Fighters Histoy, Waku7...

The later Capcom fighters use 4MB - XMen vs SF, Marvel vs SF, Vampire Saviour..

Comment

Cheers thats ram sorted then. Any thoughts on jpn machines vs switched pal machines? I would think all the games id buy would be jpn.

Comment

Buy an Action Replay 4M Plus & it'll cover all your RAM needs, plus act as a memory card too - very useful as the Saturns cartridge port can get worn out if you keep swapping carts about.

Comment

Working...
                              X