Unreleased PCE Batman by Sunsoft:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unreleased PCE Batman by Sunsoft:

Old skool folk may remember Shintaro Kanaoya's Our Man In Japan column in The Games Machine magazine. During one such column he previewed a fantastic looking Batman PLATFORMER. I had never seen PCE graphics like it before, it looked stunning. Then nothing was to be heard of it ever again. The rubbish MD platformer came and went and the PCE got a ****ty maze version by Sunsoft instead. Does anyone know why it was canned? Pressure from Nintendo and Sega due to their versions?

Thinking about it now it looked so good I think it may of been an early SGX prototype even.

I have never seen it mentioned by anyone else on the internet amongst all the beta lists. I have always wondered. Can anyone shed some light?

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by JAPJAC; 13-04-2006, 14:17.

It popped back into the light just recently in fact.

Comment

That looks identical to the ZX Spectrum/Atari ST/whatever else game that I played back in the early 90s.

Comment

There's nothing ****ty about the existing Megadrive & PC Engine Batman games imo.

Would like to get my mits on that one still

Comment

Looks nice indeed. I never played the MD game, but harbour huge love for the Nes/Famicom game - great music too.

Comment

Originally posted by Tychom
            It popped back into the light just recently in fact.
            Wow thank you so much!

Comment

I really liked the NES version, and that PC-Engine would have been most welcome. Looks good, but I wouldn't say it's too good to be an Engine game.

Comment

I remember seeing shots of that back in the day. The bat cave screen really amazed me, and even today it looks nicely drawn.

Comment

The Games Machine shots looked much more exciting than those Famitsu ones.

Comment

Heh, I remember that Batcave shot in TGM too.

Comment

It also got a preview in one of the Complete Guide To Consoles if I remember rightly.

Comment

yeah I think it was in this issue:

Comment

Originally posted by chojin
                          yeah I think it was in this issue:

I remember that one. Great days. Too bad I didn't have any money back then and could only buy magazines and drool over all those great looking games.

Comment

i'm with you there, I still have my copy, its got ticks in the ads next to games/consoles I wanted...

Comment

Someone should tell matey that his little 'exclusive' in English is 17 years late. LOL.

ftp://ftp.worldofspectrum.org/pub/si...ine2400017.jpg

ftp://ftp.worldofspectrum.org/pub/si...ine2400018.jpg

ftp://ftp.worldofspectrum.org/pub/si...ine2400019.jpg

ftp://ftp.worldofspectrum.org/pub/si...ine2400020.jpg

Comment

Working...
                              X