Another World - In High Resolution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another World - In High Resolution

Not tried it yet but a high resolution version of Another World has been released by the original author.

Website is here:

Haha as much as I love the game, this is a bit of a joke, I was expecting redone graphics but nope, just the same old ones with a *few* updated textures on the walls and such. The free download lasts up until you get captured after running away from the panther....yep thats about 30 seconds of gameplay. Then they expect you to pay ?5 to play on, and considering that the code has recently become open source..well its all a bit silly really. I think ill stick with my GBA version

Comment

Didnt the 3DO version have enhanced backdrops?

Comment

It did, original.

3DO

Recently wanted to replay it, found the PC demo but would be nice to try out the 3DO version.
        Also has anyone played the Heart of the Alien? sequel to another world?
        Last edited by Family Fry; 16-04-2006, 21:37.

Comment

Heart of Darkness on the PSX was similar also if I remember rightly.

Comment

Wow. The 3D0 version looks nice.

Comment

Yeah that does look nice. I played this recently with the GBA version and, as short as it is, it still is an excellent game. The precision gaming of games like this has been lost over the years (last I can think of are the first two Oddworld games although maybe the first two Tomb Raider games count for their later sequences).

I wouldn't mind a few more pixel perfect platformers. Wasn't Flashback due for release on GBA ages ago? I guess it died...

Comment

Originally posted by darksteve
                i thought Flashback was the sequel to Another World?

havent heard of heart of the Alien, need to check that out.

Comment

Yeah I have,
                  It's great, this time you play the part of the Alien and it tells you the back story to the 1st game. It's also got, one of the best intro's I've ever seen.
                  Another World is also onthe disc , this time with all new music , and the music score is stunning. Really adds to the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Ish
                    Wow. The 3D0 version looks nice.
                    I bought the 3DO version back in the day, and the new backgrounds do look nice. It's the same game though, but definitely the best version imo!

I will be checking out the new hi-res download!

Comment

Well, IMHO this Hi-Res version looks pretty good. From the demo it looks like the backgrounds have been redone more subtly than the 3DO version, which is a good thing IMO. Shame nothing's been done with the character graphics though....

As for Heart of the Alien, well I'm going to disagree with Team Andromeda here. I don't think that it is that great or a patch on the original. Maybe I'm just crap at it but it just seems far too frustrating, which wasn't true of the original. Too much pixel perfect maneuvering was needed, something that was not helped by the controls being slightly sluggish, and there were far too many times where you basically learn by dying. Eric Chahi didn't have a lot to do with it either and I think it suffers because of it.

Comment

A really good interview with the original creator of the game.

Comment

Whats all this talk about Another world on the gba? It hasnt been released on the gba has it? Emulation i suppose?

Comment

As featured in the new GamesTM. Bloody good it is too.

Comment

Oh ****! Flood on the GBA? Nice! All they need to do now is Creatures..

Comment

Working...
                              X