The Game with No English Name

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Game with No English Name

Right I posted this some time ago on rllmuk and although it generated some discussion there were no suggestions whatsoever as to what the game might be.
    The useless bastards. So I thought I'd come here and ask, where I know the REAL gamers hang out, not the middlecore losers you get on rllmuk.

ftp://ftp.worldofspectrum.org/pub/si...ine0100037.jpg

Mentioned about halfway down the left hand column. A 3d cross between Mario and Space Harrier apparently. Any ideas what they are on about?

I'm guessing Fist From The North, mentioned further down, would later be re- translated as Fist of the North Star?

This article (and the rest of the pages, starting from about 29) is a very early look at 8-bit Japanese consoles before they hit the west. I thought it was interesting because of how little it assumes the reader is going to know about the Japanese 8-bit scene, because it had only been going for a couple of years over there.

I think the Super Mario Brothers 2 mentioned at the top of the article is the one that came out on Mario All-Stars on the Snes? Quite a lot of other wrong predictions in the article as well. And one part is written with the quaint notion that Jap consoles were unlikely to ever take off over here because the Brit software houses they spoke to (Telecomsoft, Gremlin) said they were unlikely to back it. Bless.

Your link is buggered so we'll never know

Comment

ta-da!

Amazing what you find if you put "first-person nintendo 3d glasses" into google.

Comment

Hey, I've got the Japanese version of that. It's crap there are a few games like that in Japan. Two that spring to mind are Attack Animal Gakuen which is a bloody awful Space Harrier clone and Cosmic Epsilon.

Yakumo

Comment

Aah thank you

Comment

Working...
          X