Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bomberman SS/Hi-Ten Bomberman/Saturn Bomberman-Jap SS Question (Picture added):

Yesterday in Akihabara I found a box full of factory sealed 'Net-Link Saturn Bomberman' for Jap Sega Saturn. I purchased one as a gesture. It's not the Bomberman SS/Hi-Ten Bomberman/Saturn Bomberman release or the re-release and/or Party Pak version but boasts a completely different cover, one that I had not seen before.

So my questions are; is this release obscure and does it contain any off-line exclusive content not seen in the previously stated releases?

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by JAPJAC; 02-05-2006, 01:10.

can you post a photo?

Comment

are you sure it's not just Bomberman Fight or that other Bomberman game? There are 3 different Bomberman games for the Saturn as far as I know.

Yakumo

Comment

Bomberman Wars is the other one. It's quite good actually but it never had net play.

Comment

Its certainly the regular bomberman ss game.

Originally posted by kinsukeJP
          T-14320G/ BOMBERMAN WARS/HUDSON(TAB/1998/4/16/5800/-/-)

T-14302G/ SATURN BOMBERMAN/HUDSON(ACT/1996/7/19/6800/-/-)
          T-14314G/ SATURN BOMBERMAN/HUDSON(ACT/1997/6/20/2800/-/Satakore)
          T-14305G/ SATURN BOMBERMAN/HUDSON(ACT/1996/9/27/2800/-/SEGANET)
          T-14313G/ SATURN BOMBERMAN/HUDSON(ACT/1996/12/24/9800/-/-)

T-14321G/ SATURN BOMBERMAN FIGHT!!/HUDSON(ACT/1997/12/11/5800/-/-)
          So in order of the 4..normal release, rerelease, net, pp

As to whether or not it has extra bits..not 100% sure. No doubt it has the odd different fixed screen here and there, but other than that I don't think so.

Comment

You're at least on the right track thank you Wheela.

The cover is black and on the reverse it has a screen shot where the title screen states 'Bomberman '96' in true PC Engine style.

In over a decade of shopping for Jap SS games (3 of which in Tokyo) like I said I have never seen this one before. I can't open any for obvious reasons.

Most interesting.

Cheers.
            Last edited by JAPJAC; 19-04-2006, 03:19.

Comment

Well if you ever happen to find yourself near that box full of sealed copies again feel free to pick up 2 for me. I'll happily open one to see what's what!

Comment

Factory sealed Saturn Bomberman Net-Link-Jap SS:

Currently the rarest Jap SS title at here?

Anyone else own this and played it yet?

Comment

i have it. I'll dig it out at some point and see what is different - as i don't recall. I think the other half has it too.

I'm not aware of it being that rare, i'd be very surprised if it was the rarest Japanese SS title here. There are a couple of one off games that i've seen with insane price tags.

Comment

plus a box full doesnt make it rare either

hype hype hype hype

Comment

Thats three people then. If you could then that would be great! Rarer than average around these parts would be fair. Obscure. Looking forward to this thread being solved. Thanks in advance.

Off-topic-I noticed that Super Traders seem to have found a box of Judgement Silverswords and knocking them out at over half price (Y8,000). I thought it was honest of them to show them off like that.
                      Last edited by JAPJAC; 06-05-2006, 12:17.

Comment

turns out the wife has it too - so thats 4 copies. I`m guessing its just one of those games. As mentioned, if it was rare, having a box of them would seem odd. I guess its like my treck for Saturn Power Drift (ugh) - i couldn`t find it for ages, then once i found it , it was suddenly everywhere i went.

Same with Harmful Park. *shrug*

will set up the saturn at some point - all packed away.

Comment

At least 4 copies-thats rare mate init. I bet there are more Radiant Silverguns owned by forum members here than this. Radiant Silvergun is rare according to industry bible Edge. Cheers.

Comment

radiant silvergun isnt rare

i dont think anybody here claims its rare either

did you buy this box of sealed games?

Comment

'Yesterday in Akihabara I found a box full of factory sealed 'Net-Link Saturn Bomberman' for Jap Sega Saturn. I purchased one as a gesture.'

With all your hype hype hype and questions, you seem well excited. Flattered. Cheers.

Comment

Working...
                              X