The Greatest Online U.K. Magazine Resource Ever:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Greatest Online U.K. Magazine Resource Ever:

Thousands of scans from incredible magazines such as TGM, C&VG, Sinclair User etc.

ftp://ftp.worldofspectrum.org/pub/sinclair/magazines/

Links direct to onto-the-screen RGB Coin-op review lushness:

More than enough to bring tears of nostalgia to any old-timer. Thanks to 60hz for pointing me in the direction.

Why not post links to your favourite pages here!
    Last edited by JAPJAC; 19-04-2006, 14:13.

You sir have made my day, thank you very much.

Atari 800 for 645 pounds in CVG issue 1... Ahh....
    Last edited by Applefiend; 19-04-2006, 04:09.

Comment

Amazing links! I think I shall be spending some serious time on this tonight. cheers.

Comment

The arcade link is amazing...that must have took a while to sort out! Brilliant stuff!

Comment

That my friend, has made my day!!

Comment

Brilliant stuff - thanks for the links.

I still remember seeing screens of Street Fighter 2 for the first time - then actually finding a local arcade that had it! Still gives me shivers.

Comment

top stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by Geoff D

I still remember seeing screens of Street Fighter 2 for the first time - then actually finding a local arcade that had it! Still gives me shivers.
                I remember staring at those pictures for ages, I used to carry that issue of the magazine around like a comfort blanket.

Great memories...

Comment

I remember buying that C&VG Issue 1....cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Geoff D

I knew nothing about streetfighter 2.

But coming back from a school trip at earls court we stopped of somewhere and it had a tiny arcade and this game was in the corner.

I do remember looking at the moves list for ryu and saying how on earth can i do these

Comment

Originally posted by Reef
                      I remember staring at those pictures for ages, I used to carry that issue of the magazine around like a comfort blanket.

Great memories...

I am glad I wasn't the only one!! It is amazing how that era really tapped into us. I was OBSESSED with the thing...

I wonder if the young 'uns today get that feeling of excitement...

Comment

Looking through c+vg and ace again, i started feeling the same excitement i used to feel then. For some reason, When i see the PC engine on the front of a 1987 C+VG, it still looks really exotic and unattainable. I've only just started to browse really, but Heres an issue i loved

I still have the outrun/720 tape that came with it. I used to listen to that for hours on loop. one of the best things to be mounted on a cover of a magazine, in the history of putting things on the front of magazines.

Thanks for the great links... I'm going to be flicking through all this lot for ages.

Comment

Originally posted by Street Turk

I am glad I wasn't the only one!! It is amazing how that era really tapped into us. I was OBSESSED with the thing...

I wonder if the young 'uns today get that feeling of excitement...
                          Dear god, I too had that magazine and scoured it religiously until I saw a machine in the flesh.

Nothing has come close to the same sense of excitement since

"and Bison, a huge Russian wrestler"

Comment

Issue one of sinclair user

Sigh, the magazine cover of a more innocent time... when no one would bat an eye at a slightly threatening man holding a young boy in a semi-embrace.
                            Last edited by Rebelli0n; 19-04-2006, 13:44.

Comment

Some of these reviews are breathtakingly short sighted..

Heres what ACE had to say about final fight

"what on earth does capcom think it's doing with the super-fab CP system board? The release before last was UN squadron - a banal horizontal shooter. Yawn. And now, we are offered Final Fight - A beat-em-up.

Ok so the sprites are big but does the world seriously need another one of these?..."

They then go on to give it a 2 10p coins out of 5 rating. That well known gamers favourite, the classic "ameri-darts" scores higher., with 3 10p coins.
                              forgettable zombie operation wolf clone 'Beast Busters' gets 4/5

C+VG's first review of outrun was a bit lackluster too , they seemed to prefur WEC lemans.
                              Last edited by Rebelli0n; 19-04-2006, 13:57.

Comment

Working...
                              X