Super Robot Shooting (Jap, PS1)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Super Robot Shooting (Jap, PS1)

I heard this mentioned in a review last week, and despite being a shooter nut I hadn't heard of it. So I scooted over to GameFAQs, and it didn't help.

What is it? Is it any good? Should I bother looking for it?

Its an offshoot title from the Super Robot wars Turn based strategy(TRPG) games by Banpresto. They themselves are games where all the mecha from the 70s/80s Super robot/Mecha anime shows join forces together and fight evil in one of the longest running TRPG game series ever made.

The types of robots involved are all from Japanese Anime and contain robots from early anime such as Getter robo, Mazinger Z, Grendizer and Mazinkaiser(see avatar) through to the real robots of the Gundams. They really are a Mecha anime or TRPG Fans dream game.

I'm not sure about the quality of this shooter because I only play the TRPG side of the Super robot Wars universe. Some of the fans I've talked to do sing its praises, but I'm not 100% convinced it will be any good for a self confessed shooter nut. There were a few offshoot games though such as this Shooter and a Pokemon Pinball style game on PS1, and then there was a fighter on N64 all based these robots from these animes.

I'm sorry I cant help you with the specifics of this actual title, but I am a big fan of the main body of SRPG games.
    Last edited by AdamJW; 20-04-2006, 17:23.

Comment

That's very helpful. Thanks. It sounds interesting enough to keep my eye open for a cheap copy.

Comment

If you do pick up a copy could you post here and let me know what its like.

I'll do the same if I pick it up because I need this make a complete-complete collection. I say that because I've got all of the TRPG side. I'm no shooter expert but will probably get it because its got these characters in it.

Comment

Working...
        X