Neo geo aes modding - yay or nay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Neo geo aes modding - yay or nay?

I recently delved into the world of neo geo aes courtesy of NEOZEED of these forums and was considering getting it modded both with the uni bios and some av changes including stereo sound, component etc. Has anyone had experience with this? Should i go for it? I'm pretty keen on the unibios upgrade but unsure on the others.

cheers

AV wise you can't go wrong with a RGB stereo lead as far I'm concerned. Dunno about all that unibios lark, don't need the hassle.

Comment

RGB bypass mod is essential (all NeoGeo's have substandard RGB output, even the supposed 'good' ones) and you can also get stereo out through the 8-Pin din doing this (if you dump the composite).

Unibios is kinda cool if you like that sort of thing but far from a must have.

Adding seperate component, s-video or stereo jacks is tragic and pointless (IMO of course) unless you are an American.
      Last edited by SharkSkin-Man; 27-04-2006, 14:08.

Comment

Originally posted by SharkSkin-Man
        WRONG! Unibios is by far the best thing you can do for your Neo.
        Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Because?

Comment

Because of the wealth of options it opens up for you. I've been using it since the 1.2 version. It's so much better than the standard bios it's unreal.
            Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Personally I found all the options a bit useless except for the good old language switch.

Comment

Personally i found the unibios really handy for practicing in fighting games

Setting p1 and 2 to infinite energy and power and setting the timer to infinite

So i can practice moves and combos

Comment

Personally, the only reason I modded my AES was that it was a US system and I wanted Japanese settings as the default. Apart from that, it was never used.

Comment

unibios is useful..... on an MVS.

not really on an NGH apart from maybe the language

Comment

Do you all mod the console yourselves? I've always fancied the new bios but I'm clueless when it come to soldering etc...

Comment

I would go with the Uni Bios Mod definately I have the latest version and it kicks ass. Worth it if you like to use continues, lets you look a bit deeper into a game by tweaking the options and that.
                        I have the stereo mod aswell but don't use it and wouldn't bother with it.

Comment

Well i got my unibios for my MVS system and really glad i did.

Since it was a socketed bios it was easy to put in.Do not think i would trust myself with a soldering iron though

Comment

Originally posted by Bomberman
                            Do you all mod the console yourselves? I've always fancied the new bios but I'm clueless when it come to soldering etc...
                            Yup.

best way to get good at soldering is to find summat broken, remove the PCB and practice you soldering on that.

Comment

Originally posted by SharkSkin-Man
                              RGB bypass mod is essential (all NeoGeo's have substandard RGB output, even the supposed 'good' ones) and you can also get stereo out through the 8-Pin din doing this (if you dump the composite).

Adding seperate component, s-video or stereo jacks is tragic and pointless (IMO of course) unless you are an American.
                              RGB bypass mod? Speak on this. Tell me more. If its something i can do myself i'm all for. I realise the component, s vid mod is really just for the americans who lack scart but its looks cool from the back and would probably up the re sell value if i ever decided to ditch it

Comment

Working...
                              X