Pocket Fighter - Saturn or PS1?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pocket Fighter - Saturn or PS1?

Are there any discernible differences between the two?

i would assume the saturn one is better, doesn't it improve slightly with a 4mb ram cart? Although i do prefer the boxart for the jap ps1 version

Comment

As with most 2D games on the Saturn it beats the PS version hands down and it does support the 4MB.

Comment

Saturn. For the reasons mentioned above, plus it looks nice next to your other saturn 2D fighters!

Comment

The Saturn version is indeed waaaaay better then the PSone version. Oh yes.

Comment

Geoff - wait until the start of June and get the PS2 Alpha compilation, which includes Gem Fighter.

Comment

Of course it does - that's a very good point.

Comment

i would laugh in the collection is a bunch of PSone ports

Comment

Originally posted by seany1979
                  Geoff - wait until the start of June and get the PS2 Alpha compilation, which includes Gem Fighter.
                  Aye, I'd though of that, but already own the Alphas on Saturn - didn't really want to buy the PS2 compilation just for Pocket Fighter.

Comment

Will the compilations just be conversions of the arcade games or will they have home format versions

Comment

Methinks it'll be just a bunch of PS1 ports.
                      Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Just watched a gameplay movie of Alpha Anthology over at Gamespot (Gameplay Movie 2).

It is a fight from Gen's stage which is the easiest way of checking if they are arcade of PSone ports as the PSone version lacked the reflections in the puddles on the floor. In this video, they were present and correct

Looks like they are arcade ports (emulation?).

Comment

Working...
                        X