Future collectables

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Future collectables

What is everyones opinion on what will become the collectables in the future what retro and new games will increase in value especially the consoles. Will any 360 offerings have the potetial to increase in value

I'm going mainly from a PAL perspective but:

Ico (PS2) - Brillant game and no one got the special edition. The re-release will only push the special edition price up further in my opinion.

The entire Resident Evil series (GC) - All of them arent super cheap and considering you can have the main resi's on one console should push up the price for fans of the series like me!

SOS The final escape (PS2) - Brillant game and it's almost impossible to fins it new in shops. Can't get it on any other format and I suspect it'll raise in collectability.

They're are ton's more but they're my favourites

Comment

Flipnic, anyone??????????

Comment

Yes SOS was a pretty good game although clearly flawed it had some great gaming scenarios. Not many know about this hidden gem. I don't think I have ever seen a copy (UK or import) anywere in stores.

Maybe Katamari games will be quite collectable in the future.

Comment

SOS is potentially a great investment. The main problem is, it looked and felt dated three years back. Imagine how it'll look in two/three years time. It's quirky and unique and atmospheric and all that but it (mainly) looks like **** and plays (mainly) like doo-doo (which is also ****.)

Myself, I think that Psyvariar (PAL) will deffo go up in value.

Comment

The REsi Series has been getting some quite good prices on ebay......Mine are waiting for the right time to sell tbh

Comment

There was a similar thread in the main gaming section a while ago and I think my suggestion - Gregory Horror Show - was generally nodded through. Curiously it was released in Japan and Europe, but not the US, and sold so terribly that Game marked their full-price copies to ?5. And still couldn't shift them.

But it's a great game, despite the fact almost nobody has played / owned it.

Comment

Well, since Under defeat is supposed to be the last game brought out by Sega for a Sega console ever.... (*weep*) The Special Edition should be quite valuable.....!

Comment

Marvel vs Capcom 2 on the PS2 & Xbox - already commands high prices. The PS2 firefighting game from Konami, the name of which escapes me, ZOE 2nd Runner, Rez and possibly Gradius V and III/IV should all keep a decent value. As well as these, I would expect some RPGs to also keep a good price, especially some of the crazy ones like Disgaea and Phantom Brave.

On the Gamecube I reckon there are loads that will command high prices for years to come. Resi 4, Batallion Wars Paper Mario 2, and any other 1st party Mario games, for example.

Comment

Gitaroo man

Comment

Originally posted by seany1979
                      Marvel vs Capcom 2 on the PS2 & Xbox - already commands high prices. The PS2 firefighting game from Konami, the name of which escapes me, ZOE 2nd Runner, Rez and possibly Gradius V and III/IV should all keep a decent value. As well as these, I would expect some RPGs to also keep a good price, especially some of the crazy ones like Disgaea and Phantom Brave.
                      That's exactly what I'm banking on, although my copy of Marvel vs Capcom 2 has seen better days

Comment

I have the superior DC version, so whenever I see one I pick it up and sell it on. Have knocked out two copies on ebay so far, and both made in excess of ?25. One was Xbox and one PS2. Incidentally I have a Jap DC copy to get rid of now!!

Originally posted by carbon boy
                        That's exactly what I'm banking on, although my copy of Marvel vs Capcom 2 has seen better days

Comment

I have the pal dreamcast and the pal ps2 version of marvel vs capcom 2
                          I do agree the dreamcast version is the better.It was the game that convinced me to get a dreamcast
                          Last edited by eastyy; 28-04-2006, 08:35.

Comment

Otogi 1+2, toe jam and earl 3, headhunter redemption, panzer dragoon orta, street fighter ani, star trek stattered universe, freedom fighters, marvel vs capcom 2, projuct zero 1+2, jet set radio future, gun metal, crazy taxi 3, house of the dead 3 and phantom crash all pal on xbox

Sonic mega collection, metal gear sold twin snakes, all the resident evils, killer 7, pn03,
                            ikaruga,fzero gx,viewtiful joe pink and yellow together all pal gamecube

war of the monsters pal ps2

Any of the virgin distrubited pal capcom fighters any format
                            Last edited by dvdmike; 28-04-2006, 08:57.

Comment

i think most games which have some kinda novelty about them, whether it be a metal case, special packaging, additional and promtional tag alongs! e.g. resi 4 (metal cased), ico limited edition, halo 2 (metal case), far cry (with bag) etc.
                              I also thihk stuff which is relatively hard to find now e.g. Marvel Vs Capcom 2, Tour De France, Bomberman Kart etc will also increase in price as availability becomes more scarce.

Comment

Working...
                              X