Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Super Mario World Beta

IS THIS FOR REAL???

I was looking for SuperMarioWorld shots, when I found this. Supposedly shots from the Beta version of the game!

Go here for more info, and a page from the magazine that had the article. Note the SuperFamicom with red buttons ( I think I've seen that before, and other prototypes! )

https://www.kaejae-worx.com/gallery/...-Beta/smwb.jpg

This is really interesting. I really like seeing prototype versions of games and machines!
    Last edited by Leon Retro; 02-05-2006, 05:02.

I would guess that it's real. Isn't Nintendo Power the official mag in the US?

Nice find

Comment

Just reading that article makes me want to rush home and hook the SNES up. I remember reading similar articles back in the day and they used to get me really excited. That was my first ever 'next-gen' experience.

Comment

best game ever

its strange how you never see in house nintendo stuff in prototype form that much, mario64 anyone?

hehe, snes owns

Comment

Makes me smile that

Still reckon it looks good even today, mon the nintendo!!!

Comment

Real as I remember those screenshots. SMW took a long time coming. This must of been around Dragon Fly era.

Comment

Well if someone has any, go look in the 10s issues. It says November this year, so it has to be from 1990 then.
              Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Theres a really cool program called lunar magic which allows you to make your own super mario world levels. It can edit everything in the game.

Every single feature can be changed from sprites to level layout to music. Hehe you can make your own beta levels (^_^)
                Last edited by importaku; 29-05-2007, 19:28.

Comment

Working...
                X