The PC Engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The PC Engine

Was just wondering what people think of the good old PC Engine / Super Grafx etc! Alot of you guys trade and discuss PSP, Saturn and DC systems and games but no-one seems to mention this little box of tricks? (unless I've done that post before I read thing!)
    Do you own one and games, a CD unit? Do you like the SHMUPS on the system (Super Raiden is Excellent) and the odd little gems like Chan & Chan or Toilet Kids? It's the most odd machine I have even seen or owned - what do you lot think?

Yeh got my first in 1992 Core II then next xmas the SCDRom2.....still got those but sport a Briefcase set up these days, its the wondertron.

Shubibinman 2 & Download are the best. And are both on HuCard, which has the best games really.
    Last edited by Baseley09; 09-05-2006, 12:18.

Comment

I agree - Download was one of teh first games I ever completed way back in 19 something when I was a wee lad! The last level was a real cow but rewarding non the less! I must play that again - just picked it up after a 10 year break....ah the memories!

BTW whats a wondertron...?

Comment

Originally posted by nec

BTW whats a wondertron...?
        Just something thats very good heh.

I didnt finnish Download till maybe 2004, first bought it in 93 or so lol. I did have a gap not having it of maybe 8 years tho :/

It was worth it. I still play it just for the music & cut scenes

Comment

Yep it is a 'cracker' indeed - although in later years it has been eclipsed by Rabio Lepus for me - I remember again as a young nipper pretending I could read the back of the instruction book, copying the I and II commands then realising it was some form of hint to get an extra energy bar! That was the only way I could complete it - again the last level stung me like a giant bee who had been saving it's super sting for my tiny white ass, still I did it!

Anyone played Toilet kids? It really does make **** funny!

Comment

oooh, I've just bought a PCEngine Duo off this very forum, and a copy of CastleVania off Ebay... bought a load of random hucards off here an ebay as well but ain't been able to play it yet as I'm still stuck at uni. I guess I'm in for a treat then? Never ever played or even seen one running in the flesh before.

Comment

Worth every penny you can pay, the leap from HU card to the CD games is phenominal in gaming quality.

Comment

Working...
              X