Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OMFG - Arcade opening soon in Saarfhaampton!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OMFG - Arcade opening soon in Saarfhaampton!!

Can't give away too much at this stage, but a friend of mine is opening a members only arcade in Southampton in the next month or so. He has secured the premises, and is in the process of buying machines, with input from me on which ones to go for.

It is very exciting, as it will provide a place for gamers to hammer the coin ops, in the centre of town, before going out for some beers.

So far he has the following games confirmed (and I have seen the cabs):

Metal Slug
    Street Fighter Zero 3
    Point Blank
    Star Wars (Sega)
    Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (4 player)
    Gauntlet Legends
    Virtual ON

And soon to be acquired:

Ikaruga or Radiant Silvergun
    Dungeons & Dragons Shadow Over Mystera
    Track & Field
    King Of Fighters 98 and 2001
    Garou
    Pinball table (hopefully Playboy or Scared Stiff)

All games will be on 20-30p a credit, there will be no chavs, justa nice chilled atmosphere. There will also be internet access on-site, and soft drinks available.

I think we have the venue for the next NTSC meet just about sorted. Watch this space for more announcements, and feel free to make any suggestions on which other games to acquire. There is a budget of around ?2000 available for the remainder of the cabs.

Wooo!

fist of the north star?

Think that would eat the rest of the budget though

Comment

some budget driver like mid 90's Sega or Namco.

Comment

Originally posted by eastyy
        fist of the north star?

Think that would eat the rest of the budget though
        Too tight. Think we might go for the Naomi/STV boards first - although I would also like an Atomiswave. Can't have it all though.

Comment

No idea how much cabs cost, but my vote goes to Smash TV - it never gets old.

Comment

Super Streetfighter 2 Turbo: Surely that would be cheap...

Great news btw.

Regarding the meet: The sooner the better!!

Put me down as an attendee....and probably Vertigo aswell

Comment

Got to have at least one racer in there.

Comment

Original Daytone, twin seater at least

Comment

senko no ronde

guwange

virtua fighter 4

Comment

Space wise, a racer may be a pain - plus it is easy to play racers in other arcades - want to cater more for the left field stuff, hence trying to acquire stuff like D&D and the Treasure shooters. I have advised to get a conventional shooter too - something like Raiden or Raiden Fighters, or perhaps Batsugun, or even a horizontal one like Carrier Airwing.

I have promised the owner I can get people regularly coming along, so am counting on some of you lads to make the trip!

it is like in that kevin Costner film: "If you get the cabs....they will come"

Although when I found out there was going to be an arcade on my doorstep, I nearly came....in my pants!

Comment

ORIGINAL Outrun!

Comment

You need to find a Scud Race twin.

How is a members only arcade going to be profitable though?

Comment

Because we will pipe the money into those machines!!!

Zero 3 tournament with a fiver entry fee?

Cash cow

Comment

Originally posted by Kron

The place is already running as an internet cafe, which makes him his money. The only reason it is members only is to stop chav kids or undesirables attending. The rent on the premises is extremely cheap, and the owner is just looking to provide a much needed arcade to people like us who will appreciate it. The idea is a nice chilled out place to come along and relax on some arcades. It will be smoke free and chav free - and within 5 minutes of the best pubs in Saaarfhampton. Imagine it - a few hours in there, sat in front of a Megalo playing Zero 3, then a nice summer's evening in the boozer. What more can you possibly want?

Comment

Originally posted by Kron

The place is already running as an internet cafe, which makes him his money. The only reason it is members only is to stop chav kids or undesirables attending. The rent on the premises is extremely cheap, and the owner is just looking to provide a much needed arcade to people like us who will appreciate it. The idea is a nice chilled out place to come along and relax on some arcades. It will be smoke free and chav free - and within 5 minutes of the best pubs in Saaarfhampton. Imagine it - a few hours in there, sat in front of a Megalo playing Zero 3, then a nice summer's evening in the boozer. What more can you possibly want?

Comment

Working...
                              X