Bones (Sky 1)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bones (Sky 1)

Has anyone else "found" this series? Not for the sqeamish I suppose... in places.

I must say that I have been enjoying it. There seems to be some decent scripts. In fact I don't think I have seen a weak episode. Emily Deschanel makes a very good lead as the Forensic Anthropologist and David Boreanaz as the FBI agent who she works with.

Some lighter moments with the characters interraction which is always good in a programme.

Any other fans out there?

me, been watching it since it started in the States (think UK are only about 4 episodes behind due to episode breaks), thought it got bit slow mid-season but last the few weeks have been very good, unfortunately there's only a couple of episodes left this season.

Comment

yeah ive been watching it since the start, was startin to wonder if i was the only one to watch it in teh UK, lol.

Its ok, in some areas and a few eps take a nice slant on yah typical turnout. I do like the way they uncover the truth by using some very smart ways and the way they analyse the victims bodies, or bits, lol. However, in places it becomes too geeky for my liking, and theres always this sexual tension goin on which does my head right in. Hodgins does my head in cos he thinks he's got the answer to everything. The lead female role i must say, is not yah typical lead character, but i guess she grows on you through out the series. That artist they have really is annoying tryina act all girly and ****, uhh..........

If you think about it, it just another variation on the Mulder and Scully affair, this time focussed more on facts as opposed to whats up in Mulders mind.

I must say there is a lot i dont like in the series, but i wont focus on them, although i have mentioned a few.

On a possitive note, an episode i thought was good was the prison one, where the murderer fools them into uncovering the truth and gets him off the death sentence. Also the episode which involved them almost missing xmas because of a contamination breach was a nice lil twist.

I have not probs with Borenaz, but the convesations they all have amongst themselves tend to bridge on a Dawsons creek type by the over use of large words and the stone cold way they say it. At time it goes beyond me, obviously im either not smart enough to comprehend or not quick enough to take it in.

Well im still watchin so it must be doin somthing right. Some nice totty doin cameos though.

Last edited by 112; 11-05-2006, 08:38.

Comment

I thought it ought to soon be ending. I wonder if the series is some respects too intelligent to get taken up next year. I suspect that David Boreanaz presence may give it a fighting chance.

Comment

Being a huge fan of the books this based on I was really looking forward to this. And thats the problem. From what I've seen its nothing like the books whatsoever

In a way I wish I'd never read them as it looks like a decent show but I just keep thinking "Tempe would never say that!". Still I'll watch a few more episodes to see if I can block out preconceptions...

Comment

I was wondering about the books. Maybe I'll wait for the series to finish before investigating further.

Comment

Mrs G and I caught the first episode of this and have been following it since then.

Like Bassman, I think that the interplay between the characters is great (and has got better as they've become more fleshed out). There is some great dialogue. Couldn't help but smile at the whole boys and pirates thing last night.

P

Comment

Season Two starts in the USA in three weeks, so hopefully it will be on Sky One soon after
                Last edited by VR46; 08-08-2006, 09:58. Reason: wrong channel

Comment

Pleased to report Season two kicks off in exactly the same vein as season one, all characters are retained, except, (not worth spoilering) Goodman (the Jefferson boss, who has been replaced by someone much more pleasing on the eye). Happy viewing times ahead.

Comment

Agree, i find the bones character strangely sexy dunno why, but yeah season 2 kicks off more of the same which in my books is a good thing.

Comment

Season 2 kicks off on Sky tonight, 8 episodes behind the States and if you liked the first series, this one is even better

Comment

cheers for the reminder, wifey loved the first series so will record for her

Comment

Bumpage to the max

Anyone still watch Bones ? saw the final episode of the season (USA timing - think UK is about 10/14 days behind) couple of weeks back, really surprised at the way it ended. Hope another season is planned.

Comment

Another season is planned yeah, The finale was both one of the most enjoyable and one of the most annoying episodes of the show ever I thought.

Why have Booth shot in the episode before this one if youre just gonna have him fake his funeral then pop back up within about two minutes of this episode starting?. I also found it extreamly odd how Bones was the only person who didnt know about his faked death that was even suprised in the least. Did everyone else just not care about Booth?

Having said that though the episode was pretty original and had loads of witty dialogue, and the twist ending somehow worked even though it was completely crazy and messed up if youve been watching the show and followed the characters for the last 3 years.

Comment

There were a few more episodes after that one ...

Comment

Working...
                              X