Worth getting a Saturn ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Worth getting a Saturn ?

Was wondering if it is worth tracking down a saturn and what is a good price to pay and if so what good games to find ?
    Back in the day i was a nintendo fanboy so never had a saturn , megadrive etc and having just picked up a mega drive 2 and loved it was looking at getting a saturn if its any good , cheers.

ComeOn StanBush , you don't need to ask such a silly question ! This Retro Forum is full of Saturn love ! The answer is a big YES As for price it all depends upon what you want. There's quite a lot of info here so just use the search button.

Yakumo

Comment

agreed with Yakumo

great console

Comment

Sega Rally - nuff said

Comment

the magic 8 ball says yes

Comment

only really if your into shumps and fighters and the like

Comment

Just make sure you can play imports, so get a Japanese or modded Saturn.

Comment

Would recommend looking at yakumo's sega domain site and see what games appeal to you

Comment

a big YES from me!

i'm a saturn newbie [4th week of ownership] and like yourself i never experienced Saturn gaming back in the day. Im having so much fun, my psp, ds, md and gc are feeling neglected as i've not fired one of them up since I got my saturn.

Currently kicking my daughters ass on SF Zero 3, although her button bashing technique does come off some times

it is true there are plenty of fighters and shoot-em-ups, but it doesn't stop there, Sega Rally is class and Nights is a fantastic game, in fact i'd say out of the games i've bought so far Nights is my 2nd favourite only to SF Zero 3

Go for it.. oh and get a jap one

Oh while we're on the subject, I dont own a single shoot-em-up yet, what do you saturn experts recommend to me to get to break me in easily?..

Comment

Originally posted by chojin
                    Oh while we're on the subject, I dont own a single shoot-em-up yet, what do you saturn experts recommend to me to get to break me in easily?..
                    Layer Section. It should be fairly cheap & it's top notch.

Comment

Yep i agree with layer section (i quite like layer section 2 but then again i have never played the psone version)

Also i would recommend thunder force v and most raizing shooters to

Comment

The Saturn is surely one of the greatest console of all time. Mine is never unplugged!

Comment

going to get one of those argos scart splitters today so i can have another 2 options on my TV

1 is the Saturn and the other is my newly aquired PSone

Comment

Originally posted by buster_broon
                            going to get one of those argos scart splitters today so i can have another 2 options on my TV

1 is the Saturn and the other is my newly aquired PSone
                            Are there decent scart splitters that i can hook up around 6 machines?

Comment

Originally posted by eastyy
                              Are there decent scart splitters that i can hook up around 6 machines?
                              i suppose if your tv has 2 scart sockets you can get 2 of the items i have which add 3 items each giving you 6 overall

argos has a 5 scart splitter which is only ?15, i opted for the one Nick Pavey said was very good

my games room tv has 3 scart sockets and its annoying how quickly they fill up

1/ sky minibox
                              2/ Xbox
                              3/ ps2

so adding the scart splitter i will use the ps2 socket and add

1/ ps2
                              2/ saturn
                              3/ psone

just getting tired of boxing each console up after a session

Comment

Working...
                              X