• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gran Turismo 2 on your GBA SP?

Might be a possibility in the future...

Originally posted by the_debaser
    Gran Turismo 2 on your GBA sp?
    No thanks, I would rather play original content

The machine is capable of some pretty impressive things, I just wish that developers would make new games rather than rerelease their back catalogues.

Comment

Comment

Comment

It's quite impressive, though. Despite not quite having the sharpness of whatever the trendy PC FPS has running on whatever the tendy graphics card is, I'm quietly impressed.

However, while I'm on 56k, I can only begin to guess at the framerate, especially as what little patience I have is being rapidly worn out by a whole host of tiny niggly things.

Who knows... I might actually buy something for that GBA I bought of my drunk (and rich) friend for a tenner soon, rather than have it gathering dust in this pit of a room.

Bwa.

@))-------------
          The Corrupt Rose

Comment

A certain credibility comes with translating a game over to a less powerful platform. "Look! I've got Crazy Taxi, a 128-bit game, onto a GBA!" sounds marginally better than "Hey! I've made a Crazy Taxi Clone for the GBA!".

It unfortunately looks like we may have to wait until the GBA reaches the peak of its performance when everyone's proved what the GBA can do before we start seeing some truly original content that can utilise its truly expansive abilities.

Comment

Driver 2 looked particularly impressive from box shots. dunno if any1 has links to any, but a full 3D city perspective seemed quite an accomplishment for GBA, depends on the frame rate though.

Comment

Personally I was impressed with Duke Nukem Advance and Ecks Vs Sever Ballistic.

The GBA can certainly do some fairly decent 3D raycasting but its really up to the developers to get the most out of it.

I am still waiting for the day I can play Quakeworld on a portable machine, online, with a decent controller interface. World stops turning, work piles up... etc... just.. one.. more.. go.

Either that or Winning Eleven Online, on any platform. Same story.

Comment

Working...
                X