Megadrive RGB?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Megadrive RGB?

Am i right in believing that only the megadrive one outputs rgb and the megadrive 2 doesnt?

No the md2 outputs rgb too, you just need a md2 rgb lead(the md1 lead wont work on the md2)

Comment

cheers mate i'll have a snoop around and see if i can source one online

Comment

I have one for sale .

Comment

It is also worth noting that the MD1 outputs mono sound and the MD2 stereo...unless you get a special cable for your MD1 which plugs into the headphone jack as well as the AV port.

Hope this helps
          Dan

Comment

You don't need so much a special cable, just to route the left and right wires from your SCART lead to a standard 3.5mm jack plug via a bit of wire. Build your lead the same way you'd build any lead, then when you reach the DIN plug, simply divert the two sound wires to a jack plug with enough wire to reach around the front (fnar) and plug into the headphone socket.
            Mine has this, it's nice.

Comment

Sorry to hijack this thread but if anyone has a RGB cable with the extra stereo sound add-on bit for sale I would be very pleased. Help me out!

(thats for the MD1 by the way)

Comment

Even more hijacking. Does anyone know if you can mod the 9-pin out on the MD for stereo without having to use the headphone port? I hate this RGB lead I have. It seems like a simple mod, but I don't have a pinout for the port like.
                Last edited by J0e Musashi; 19-05-2006, 21:20.
                Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

This shop sells those special megadrive 1 & 2 RGB cables;
                  they are expensive, but they are really good:
                  www.wolfsoft.de

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi
                    Even more hijacking. Does anyone know if you can mod the 9-pin out on the MD for stereo without having to use the headphone port? I hate this RGB lead I have. It seems like a simple mod, but I don't have a pinout for the port like.
                    No, you can't, because the Megadrive only routes mono sound to that port. You could I guess route wires internally to the output from the headphone port, if there's an extra pin available (I can't remember) but it's just a million times easier to stick a jack plug on a bit of extra wire instead. Either way you'd have to make a new wire to get stereo.

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi
                      I think that it's just an 8-pin din socket .

I may be wrong, but it looks like you could wire up the 2nd audio channel to pin 2 as comp vid isn't needed for an RGB picture. However, if you mess about with the connections there may be issues with grounding the audio.

Comment

Working...
                      X