What game to get? Jap help for PS2 please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What game to get? Jap help for PS2 please

I've just bought a JAP ps2 and I need some advice of what spot-on Japan only games there are out there. I've had a PAL PS2 since launch and got about 80 games for it. So Japan only games please.

Cheers

Japan only? Why not start with Psyvariar? There's a thread around here somewhere....

EDIT ~ Here it is. Ask about it in there. Peeps would be glad to answer any questions ^^

Comment

Yep, Psyvariar is a good one. Better than Ikaruga IMO and quite possibly the best shooter I've played.

Another highly recommended Japan-only title would be Taiko no Tatsujin (Drum Expert). It will cost you a little bit more than your usual game, since your getting an extra peripheral, which comes in the form of the Tatacon, but this has to be the ultimate rhythm game on the PS2 IMO.

Comment

Excellent. Thanks. More to add to my must buy list.

Comment

Are there any other JPN only shmups for the PS2 that you would recommend?

I have Psyvariar on order, but I would like more.

Comment

Well then, you are in luck. There's the new DoDonpachi, R-Type Final, Gradius 5 and Shikigami No Shiro that I can recall off the top of my head.

Comment

XII-Stag, Shikigami no Shiro and next month Dodonpachi Daioujou and Metal Slug 3. Surprised Treble didn't mention the last one, dirty SNK fanboy he is :P

Comment

Treble didn't mention MS3, because he knows I own the AES cart

Thanks for the rest of them though.

Is XII Stage any good?

Comment

Surprised Treble didn't mention the last one, dirty SNK fanboy he is :P

/Me slaps his forehead in frustration...

Ghah! Yeah! MS3! Tbh, I was locked into thinking about trad shooters, but Lord Cookie owns the proper version of it anyway.

Comment

pff if the PS2 version takes out the slowdown then it's automatically the best version because of all the extra modes :P

XII-Stag is middle of the road. Optional not essentiel. Daioujou is very much essentiel though!

Comment

pff if the PS2 version takes out the slowdown then it's automatically the best version because of all the extra modes :P
                      [Metallica]Sad but trrruuuue...[/Metallica]

Comment

Definitely Dodonpachi Daioujou!

Comment

Out of the 2 which one would you go for; Shikigami no Shiro, or Dodonpachi Daioujou?

I can probably only afford one more purchase so I need to know the best one to go for.

Comment

Shikigami is great, but it MUST be Dai ou jou. Shikigami is a great game, but you are better off getting the latest XBOX version (Shikigami no Shiro Evolution) if you can, as it includes evolution mode- a mode which is considerably tougher and which offers slightly different shot patterns.

Cookie- if you haven`t already check out the Dai Ou Jou thread in general discussion.

Comment

Originally posted by Tokuda
                              Shikigami is great, but it MUST be Dai ou jou. Shikigami is a great game, but you are better off getting the latest XBOX version (Shikigami no Shiro Evolution) if you can, as it includes evolution mode- a mode which is considerably tougher and which offers slightly different shot patterns.

Cookie- if you haven`t already check out the Dai Ou Jou thread in general discussion.
                              Thanks Allan. Yeah I have checked the GD thread out, unfortunately the movies are taking too long to dowload

What sort of price can you do Dai Ou Jou for?

Comment

Working...
                              X