Hulk (and now The Incredible Hulk)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hulk (and now The Incredible Hulk)

Awesome - Go see this film at once. At last a film that really brings the comic feel to a film!

But no solo piano at the end

Neil.

Hmm what version have you seen?
    The real thing or the workprint floating about?

Comment

People at my work were saying how this film is excellent-

I thought they were taking the piss out of me! Glad it's wicked ^^

Comment

**** I totally forgot about this, it's not out yet is it?

Comment

Its out in 2 weeks. The workprint is out on teh net but its a quite early one so some SFX are missing plus the movie might be edited before release.

Comment

Originally posted by optimusomega
            I'll get tickets for the advance show - wanna come?

Comment

Originally posted by Saurian
              Originally posted by optimusomega
              I'll get tickets for the advance show - wanna come?
              Yeah safe nice one

Comment

Saw this last week - werent feeling it at all man.

The film is so damn SLOW! I had zero interests in that geezer who becomes the Hulk or his butters girl yet you have to sit through SO MUCH of their boring dialogue before you get to see any skuff. The whole first section of the film is very boring and I felt it didnt go anywhere, you could remove 80% of it and not miss any storyline.

The Hulk himself is pretty heavy, he's powerful like he should be but there's barely any skuff anyway. His first fight is the best one and apart from a nice suplex later on in the film - it's bollox. The main villian aswell - has some insane powers yet there is no creativity or imagination in the fight he has with Hulk and the fight is complete ****, the location ruined that. There is a very well acted confrontation scene with Nick Nolte but as the film didnt connect me with any of the characters I felt it didnt work as I just couldnt give a **** about any of them.

I could never sit through this film again - maybe a quick look at the CGI sections, but I could never sit through the whole lot again >_<

Comment

That good was it?

Comment

Yep I sadly have to agree with saur on this one, what a dissapointment considering the film could have benn so much more. The dialogue was just mind numbing with the action sequences being too short and not fully realised.
                    One bit of praise must go to the powers of the Hulk they at least kept him as powerful as the comic book version although the scenes just wern't up to scratch content wise

Comment

The Hulk was my favorite superhero movie this summer!!

Ang Lee is the shiz...The transformation sequences and hulk bits were so cool and they did a nice job with the whole back story thing. Eric Bana was perfect as the guy with quiet rage. By far one of the best movies without Nemo in it that I've seen all summer.!!!

Go see it and tell two friends.

Comment

Just seen the floating 'workprint' on DVD, I liked it (I think)

They really got into the psychology of Bruce Banner/TheHulk, I think they had to so it didnt look too weird the fact that a dude gets blasted by a ****load of Gamma radiation and doesnt melt

The Hulk was REALLY well animated (and this was a ****ty pirate DVD I saw), I was really feeling the way he was smashing up tanks and Im SO glad they put in his long distance jumping.

Also look out for the comic book style of Ang Lee's direction using the scrolling picture-in-picture technique as well as a few freeze frames for dramatic effect
                        Originally posted by spoiler
                        (the Way Talbot GETS IT IN THE BACK!)

Comment

I thought that Hulk was a pretty good film, with some very inspired moments and elements. But, still, I have to admit that there were also more moments than I care to admit where I was bored senseless. You guys should know by now that I am very easy to please, and I don't bring a lot of baggage to the theater, so I'm not just some action junky who wants wall to wall explosions. I don't. But, when I'm watching a comic book film, I do expect a bit more excitement. When the Hulk was on the screen, you couldn't have removed the smile from my face with a pound of C4. Sadly, his screen time was entirely too limited. Hopefully the next film will have much more meat to go with the hefty bone.

Comment

I saw this a few weeks ago when I was in America... I didn't really get it either...

Comment

After the total cash-in that was Xmen I tend to stay away from superhero flicks. I'd rather get caught watching hardcore with my pants down, seriously. Utter kids stuff - hell, I wouldn't even let my kids watch it it's that bad. Well I would, but then I'd show them the REAL Xmen in comic book and 2D sprite form.

Last decent ones were Batman and Batman Returns, and I hate Batman!!

There's an interview with the Marvel owner in this months Playboy - he's a complete sell-out, I'd type it out here as it's only short, but I can't be arsed.

This is going up on the wall in my new studio at work. It contains a helluva lot more energy than any moving sequence found in the Movie, that's for sure!

Comment

Working...
                              X