Streetfighter Alpha 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Streetfighter Alpha 2

Got this on the pal saturn yesterday and the music can stick and during my match 5 mins ago with sagat there was no music at all !
    is my old saturn giving up the ghost ? or is the pal saturn version just a bad port ??

There should be nothing wrong with the pal saturn version - certainly no problems with mine. Have you checked it for scratches or disc problems?

Comment

My PAL copy does the same thing sometimes, mostly on Sakura's stage. The disc is mint and the Saturn's fine, so I always assumed it was a bug in the game or because I run it on 60hz.

Comment

Never had this problem with the same set up.

Comment

odd maybe the saturn is knackered oh well thanks guys, oh does anyone know if any sites that carry saturn games reviews ?

Comment

Originally posted by dvdmike
            Got this on the pal saturn yesterday and the music can stick and during my match 5 mins ago with sagat there was no music at all !
            is my old saturn giving up the ghost ? or is the pal saturn version just a bad port ??
            Can't say I've played the original version of Alpha 2 much, but I do remember, I did have a problem with the sound on one of the stages, when playing it at 60hz.

I haven't had any sound problems with Alpha 2 Gold on the Street Fighter Collection however.

So there may well be a bug with the original release of the game.
            Last edited by S3M; 01-06-2006, 19:36.

Comment

Forcing a 50Hz game into 60Hz, isn't too suprising audio issues occur,

Comment

Originally posted by Shakey_Jake33
                Forcing a 50Hz game into 60Hz, isn't too suprising audio issues occur,
                It is with the Capcom games, as they are just the 60hz versions being forced into 50hz.

Resident Evil had all sorts of problems playing at 50hz

Comment

Well I think Capcom did alter something when they converted their games for the PAL market.

Because when you run an NTSC SFA2 on a PAL Saturn the sound will lag behind, especially in the intro. When the music is finished the intro still plays on. I did not encounter this problem when running PAL SFA2 on a PAL console. Gamespeed and letterboxed picture are identical.
                  Last edited by saturn-gamer; 03-06-2006, 17:30.

Comment

Working...
                  X