Kizzycrew's Arcade Dream!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kizzycrew's Arcade Dream!

Right, so moving into new digs and building a custom bar for it, friend is a joiner which is stupidly handy. However, to be a really good bar I need an arcade cab, and thankfully I have the cash to make this a step by step reality!

However, I don't want to buy one. I want to build my own one. This presents one massive problem.

I know jack about arcade cabs.

So, I need any infos, beginners websites about the types of monitors, jamma boards, mvs stuff and more besides. Help is appreciated!

i think there was a thread simular to this on rllmuk that you might want to check out

Comment

Have a look at this - though bear in mind it's mainly the 'big blocks of wood' US style cabinets they cover on that site as opposed to the shiny white plastic Japanese style cabinets.

Comment

Your best bet kizzy is going on the killercabs.com site. The blokes over there are friendly and really know their stuff. Also, dotted around the forums there are plenty of helpful guides and comments too.

I want to do the same actually but I just dont have the time nor money at the moment

Comment

The arcade controls site seems to be mostly how to wire up a MAME cab, and that's what I don't want. I want a cab where I can swap between arcade boards like SF2 etc and some neo stuff by putting in a two slot. I know that you hook the boards up by a jamma connection, and I think you need a custom connector for a 2 slot.

However, what do the buttons, screen, coin mech and things connect to? Is there some kind of central board I'll need to buy?

Will check out Killercabs though, checked the site but will look on the forums!

Comment

Originally posted by Kizzycrew
            However, what do the buttons, screen, coin mech and things connect to? Is there some kind of central board I'll need to buy?
            As far as I'm aware, all those things connect to the JAMMA adaptor which then connects to the Game Board (PCB). I may be wrong though!

Comment

everything wires into one of these http://www.highway.net.au/parts/wiring/4072.html
              which is where the PCB plugs into.
              Have to say I really can't imagine why you'd want to build one - they're not really expensive and you can always hire them on a profit share thing...

Comment

Originally posted by Kizzycrew
                The arcade controls site seems to be mostly how to wire up a MAME cab
                Yeah, unfortunately it seems that a lot of the cab-building resources on the net are 'pimp my cab' style garish monstrosities plastered with MAME logos, that seem to be more for the looks than for the gaming (as they only ever seem to be used to play Pac-Man, Galaxian and Scramble). For example, feast your eyes on THIS absolute monstrosity, which is made all the worse by the fact that he butchered a perfectly good Jaleco Pony Japanese cab to make it!

Comment

Originally posted by Psi
                  Yeah, unfortunately it seems that a lot of the cab-building resources on the net are 'pimp my cab' style garish monstrosities plastered with MAME logos, that seem to be more for the looks than for the gaming (as they only ever seem to be used to play Pac-Man, Galaxian and Scramble). For example, feast your eyes on THIS absolute monstrosity, which is made all the worse by the fact that he butchered a perfectly good Jaleco Pony Japanese cab to make it!
                  I saw that over at killercabs, it's a crime against..well...something. The Jaleco Pony was so sexy and that bloke destroyed it.

Comment

Get your name down for an Egret II instead

Comment

Working...
                    X