Time Crisis 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time Crisis 3

Played this at my local arcade last night and I loved it, although it seems rather easy.

Neil.

you got any pics of the game ?

Comment

I am absoultely ing this game.

Very few titles are taking my time away from Initial D, SC2 and PIU but this is doing it. The weapon select system could have been unnecessarily cumbersome but works really well and makes targetting the bonus orange enemies much more worthwhile.

I find the game quite intense. The areas are much longer than previous TC titles and require greater concentartion over sustained periods to be successful.

Comment

I think it's a telling demonstration that Namco are incapable of coming up with any new ideas. New franchises please Namco. I really want a new arcade Ridge Racer though so i'm one to talk ^^

Comment

Originally posted by Sidez
          I think it's a telling demonstration that Namco are incapable of coming up with any new ideas. New franchises please Namco. I really want a new arcade Ridge Racer though so i'm one to talk ^^
          Personally, I think they needed a big confidence boost, before they start with the new franchises. they have released some real stinkers over the last couple of years (their good-**** ration has been more heavily skewed to the **** side a lot more recently) so I'm glad they stuck with what they know to prove they can at least do that well.

SC2 and TC3 are both good starts. Give them a couple more great titles and I'm sure the new franchises will come (they just need Sega to come up with a new idea so that they can copy it )

As for Ridge, I'm with you on that one, but hope they do a new arcade Ridge title (perhaps taking a similar route to F-Zero AC/GC)

Comment

Just got to play this game for the first time today, and I was very impressed. I was unsure how the weapon selection would be implemented but it works easily and does add a little more depth to the action.

The set pieces and pacing are much better than previous installments, and like C' said, the fact they are longer stages makes you need to concentrate for longer, which I much prefer.

On the whole it made me do this , which hasnt happened in an arcade for ages (but that is because the arcades where I live are crap).

Comment

My bro in London has been playing it every day for a month now on his way to work. He's very pleased with it from what I hear.

Comment

Originally posted by wod
                you got any pics of the game ?
                It's System 246

Comment

I pumped ?2 in it recently, mainly due to the novelty factor of it being new and all. That's not saying much though, since it only gave me 2 credits, more than I normally go for. Bloody expensive arcades.

I thought the weapon selection thing worked well. I was saving my Uzi ammo for the health-bar guys and also using the shotgun for really close encounters with lots of people. It really gives a tactical edge to the proceedings with the ammo conservation aspect, cause you have to decide whether to blow 40 bullets on one encounter with multiple people spread far apart, or trust to your lightgun skills and save the ammo for another time. The only problem was that I took down the first boss with only a few bullet hits and a grenade, so I can see this being an issue if you can easily dispatch bosses with a few RPG-type things. Really simple to use as well, never selected the wrong weapon by accident. But I only got a little bit past the first area, cause I'm crap and cause it's so bloody expensive. ft:

Comment

Yup, the price of 1 pound, 1 credit is very restricting, but I played it once when I first saw it and was pleasantly surprised - not in a "wow, this is new and exciting" way, more in an "old friend, welcome back" sort of way.

I don't visit arcades much, but it was worth risking getting beaten up and having my wallet stolen to descend into the depths of the local skanky arcade to sample it.

Comment

Originally posted by C'

Very few titles are taking my time away from Initial D, SC2 and PIU but this is doing it.
                      Ah i didnt know this board had other pumpy fans the place i came from the people were all DDR freeks and i feel that DDR is poor compared.

You got any of the home versions?

I have just got my hands on a copy of the very rare Banya collection rumor has it that only 100 copies of that game were made, its much better than PIU USA Evo dancefloor but not upto the Perfect collection standards.

I like playing Mr Larpus and Turkey March and like the style of Space Fantasy and All I Want For Christmas.

Anyway im desperate to play Time Crisis 3 im a master of Crisis Zone and the other TC games but living in an area with no arcades its a bummer to drive to the nearest one about 12 miles away and find the newest machine is Euromix 1

Still if i drive to the Metrocentre they get some of the new machines in but its over run with broken units and charvas everywhere

Comment

Originally posted by The Mole
                        Originally posted by C'

Very few titles are taking my time away from Initial D, SC2 and PIU but this is doing it.
                        Ah i didnt know this board had other pumpy fans the place i came from the people were all DDR freeks and i feel that DDR is poor compared.

You got any of the home versions?

I have just got my hands on a copy of the very rare Banya collection rumor has it that only 100 copies of that game were made, its much better than PIU USA Evo dancefloor but not upto the Perfect collection standards.

I like playing Mr Larpus and Turkey March and like the style of Space Fantasy and All I Want For Christmas.
                        You need to speak with Saurian mate. He's the Pump master

I'm not a great pump player by any means. Currently at about level 5 or level 6 (Hard or Double mode only, don't touch Crazy yet). It's the same where I play though, almost everyone plays DDR with about 4 or 5 regulars playing PIU. Suits me. Means I don't have to queue to get on

Song wise I'm currently playing:

Funky Tonight
                        Out of the Ring
                        We Are
                        Com'back
                        Another Truth
                        Passion

I've got one of the home versions as well (Korean Perfect Collection) but I don't get chance to play it much. My PC is upstairs and the noise on the ceiling downstairs is very bad so I can only play when no one else is home

Comment

It's all about Hayuga by Seo Taiji, whoever is distributing Pump it Up over here needs to be shot there's only 1 machine in Scotland (in Edinburgh) yet everywhere I go even dingy little arcades in the middle of nowhere have a Euromix 2. You'd think that now Bemani style games are popular with the "mainstream/casual" UK audience after about 6 years (mobile phone adverts are even using them) that there would be much more of them around.

I've only played Time Crisis 3 once since my usual arcade haunt Booths got it in thanks solely to Initial D, I remember when a new Time Crisis was a big deal but now it seems like they're not drawing as much attention as they used to, same applies to HOTD 3. Both are still good games but it looks like the popularity of light gun games has decreased dramatically from the days of Virtua Cop,Time Crisis & Point Blanc/Gunbullet, at least up here.

Comment

Well Pumpy is about get become a whole lot more popular, its got its own TV show starting in the USA in the summer.

It sounds like i am about the level you are, unfortunatly theirs no PIU machines anywhere up here the closest proberly being in Scotland which is about 120 miles.

I got into PIU as it was the only good machine i could find about two years back, then the arcade droped it for Euromix i was gutted

Comment

Working...
                            X