JapanGamestock Whats happened?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JapanGamestock Whats happened?

I didnt know whther to put this in the questions thread or here so it can be moved if needs be.

Right anyway does anyone know whats happened to the site Japangamestock. I can't access their site for some reason and thought some of you Japanese retro fans may know whats happened to it.

I don't think its my PC as I've tried a few things and I'm just hoping its down for maintenance or something, but its just not there on my usual link. I miss being able to buy the stuff they sell at the price they do. Anyone here know whats happened or if its been moved? There was some stuff I was after. Oh well.
    Last edited by AdamJW; 11-06-2006, 12:56.

Dosent work for me either so its not your computer

Comment

I was thinking it may have become part of the Neo amusement/OS commerce group. As I've only just come across Neo amusement site over the last month or so. I'm not sure that it has though, and I'm pretty sure they existed together anyway.

They do or did have very similar things in stock across the same sort of consoles and the prices are/were very similar. Although Japangamestock seem to have some older stuff. I'm just not sure as I've only just discovered Neo amusement anyway.

I'm just hoping its down for maintenance myself. Inexplicable.
      Last edited by AdamJW; 11-06-2006, 13:18.

Comment

OS commerce is just a piece of open source content management software that a whole bunch of sites use.

Dunno what's up with JapanGameStock but SuperFamiShop is still up (run on the same server, I'm pretty sure all SFS' stock went to JGS as it was all removed from their site at the same time as JGS went live).

Comment

I didnt know what OS Commerce was but its what appears in my bookmarks to represent the Neo amusement shop when I save it there, so I just presumed that it was part of their shop. It must just be the software that Neo Amusement are using for their shop then. At least I know now why OS commerce appears

The stock at Neo Amusement does look pretty much the same as JGS though, and so to do the prices of their stuff. Perhaps not as extensive, but there's plenty on there anyway.

Eitherway JGS is not up and running at the moment and I'm just trying think where its stock may have gone. Its probably something completely different, but I'm just putting two and two together and coming up with five s'all.

Last edited by AdamJW; 11-06-2006, 18:47.

Comment

Not thread Bumping or anything, but Japangamestock is now back online. I've had an email this morning apparently they've been re-stocking.

www.japangamestock.com

I'm pretty sure it will be of interest to some people on here.
            Last edited by AdamJW; 03-07-2006, 15:10.

Comment

Thanks man, thats really cool, just what I needed. Been wanting a second hand shop that sends stuff abroad.

So... What's this game about?

Comment

I can't say I've seen that before. I thought it was a pisstake at first, but I guess there's a niche for everyone. Pardon the expression. Thats a good spot though.

Comment

I just found this place again but the payment system seems odd to me. Can I pay with just a normal credit card (Visa Electron to be precise)? There was a mention about this 2checkout.com site on the front page but I have no idea what's that all about.

And while going to checkout, the credit card number was never asked so I'm afraid that the paying is not that simple, isn't it?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Comment

Hmm, that does sound a little odd. How can they charge your credit card without knowing the Pin number or EXP date? Also I'd check to make sure it's a secure line you are using with that site. Check to see if there's a little yellow lock in the bottom left corner of your web browser. If there's not I'd keep well away.

Yakumo

Comment

I haven't noticed them being offline, been ordering stuff from them on and off the last few weeks. Very efficient people, alongside Yamatoku. Payment is simple, they send an email with a secure link to a third party payment company.

Comment

Working...
                      X