X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Retro Fusion Issue 2

Hi chaps,

Cover of Issue 2 attached.

Pre-order screen will be up by end of weekend at www.retrofusion.co.uk with the magazine being sent out on the 26th June. The mags should be appearing in Gamestation towards the end of that week.

Within this cracking issue:
    • Archer talks us through the restoration of his Missile Command cabinet
    • Andrew Oliver informs the reader of how games development has changed since the 1980s
    • The retro advert explored this issue is that of the Rice Krispies product
    • Computer of the issue is the C16 whilst the console looked at is the Gameboy Light
    • With Football being the theme of this issue, we have an interview with Jon Hare on the Sensi Soccer brand, a look back at the history of Subbuteo and a football knockout feature where we compare football games on all formats with an eventual winner
    • Martyn Carroll looks at Rock and Pop stars in Computer games
    • Knight Rider is the Retro TV programme of the issue

And much, much more!!

Some magazine inside shots added to 1st post - you can pre-order Issue 2 now at www.retrofusion.co.uk
    Last edited by boyo; 18-06-2006, 22:28.

Comment

I recently bought issues 0 and 1 from the site. I was pleasantly surprised. Obviously it doesn't have the quality feel of the totally professional RG, but I like the design and content!

The design is clear and really focuses on the games and machines, rather than having too much clutter taking-up space. I really enjoyed the ' SAM COUPE ' article. It contained all the info anyone could desire, and really was a retro feast I enjoyed. The Sonic piece was pretty good too!

I'm loving the ' Back Of The Arcade ' section ( great name! ) ... I hope it expands.

One of the things I really like, is the delving into the specs and talking about what made machines tick.. Some people say they don't like talking about the technical side of things, but I really like to know what powered machines, and to hear about all the tricks etc... that enabled people to really push machines.

Overall... it has room for improvement, but I still think it's a very good piece of work!

I will be buying issue 2... cheers!
      Last edited by Leon Retro; 19-06-2006, 05:47.

Comment

I'm having trouble finding the magazine. I've checked in 3 Game Station shops across the country with no success. They only have issue 1. Has anyone been able to find a copy south of London?

Comment

I haven't seen any around my way either. On the other hand, when I was in Crewe two weekends ago, they had about 10 copies of issue #1 sitting in the shelves in the GameStation there.
          Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

I've checked 3 GameStations in the Leeds/Wakefield area and they're all still carrying Issue 1 only.

There's something fishy going on, I reckon.

Comment

No issue two in poole or bournemouth either

Comment

No issue 2 in Plymouth either. I asked at the counter and they thought that maybe RF had gone bust.

Comment

not having a go but is anybody else getting fed up with 'Archer McLean' banging on about old machines and old games he wrote ?

he is becoming a retro rent-a-gob like Paul Ross who turns up on every one of those top 100 ..... telly clips programs.

if the whole retro mag thing is to take off and sustain itself it needs to find other people to talk to otherwise it will just endlessly re-hash how IK+ and Jet Set Willy got written.

i have nothing against Archer McLean or articles about cab building in general, I'd just like to read some other views in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaladron
                    I've checked 3 GameStations in the Leeds/Wakefield area and they're all still carrying Issue 1 only.

There's something fishy going on, I reckon.
                    At the one I work in, they arrived Tuesday. So other stores should have them now I imagine, or within the next few days.

Comment

Issue 2 was delivered to GS over 2 weeks ago - unfortunatley GS have just installed a new Nominal Ledger in their offices which caused them some grief resulting in no stock being sent out to stores. Looks like the problem has been sorted - cheers guys. And no we have not gone bust - not yet anyway8)

Just a bit of background, this mag is put together by a few of us in our spare time and calls upon the expertise of a few industry legends and established freelancers as well as articles by fellow enthusiasts.

Jon Hare will be writing an article on Sex, Drugs and Rock and Roll and we now plan it to be in issue 3.

Thanks for the support guys. Look forward to hearing what you think.
                      Last edited by boyo; 20-07-2006, 16:43.

Comment

Originally posted by boyo
                        Issue 2 was delivered to GS over 2 weeks ago - unfortunatley GS have just installed a new Nominal Ledger in their offices which caused them some grief resulting in no stock being sent out to stores.
                        HAHAHA! I'm guessing that's Navision. GS have been working on that system for as long as I can remember. I can't believe they've actually got it running. Too bad it's causing them trouble. 8)

Comment

Just got my issue. Looking forward to an afternoon in the garden reading it.

Comment

Yep, Navision it was :-)

Comment

Hurrah! I found a copy in Gamestation. The C16 article looks interesting and I enjoyed the article on rock games. I don't agree with Martyn's conclusion, however. It's unlikely that the the pop stars and rock groups had a significant influence upon the game. They would be too busy with their career. Blame for the gaming travesties would be better placed on greedy management and their questionable efforts to cross market the rock brand.

A weird question, how is the magazine printed? The print smells terrible (though it is cheaper than sniffing glue).

Comment

Working...
                              X