Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forums downtime

Howdy All

Sorry for any inconvenience that today's downtime may have caused - we are still figuring out what the problem was (the db server disappeared for a while)

Big thanks to Neil for sorting everything out on his day off - kudos sir

There will be some scheduled downtime in the next week or so whilst we prune some of the forums, and upgrade the forum code to the latest version - we will let you know in advance when this will be taking place

Thanks once again for your patience, and another big thanks to Neil for getting the forums back up

My sanity is restored, cheers Neil!

Comment

Where is Neil these days, never see him posting anymore.

/waves at Neil

Still doing a top job on the forum hosting
      Last edited by marcus; 26-06-2006, 08:04.

Comment

yah busy at work and with my racing at weekends, plus few decent games out at the mo, but I'll be back when PS-3 and WIi fever hits

Comment

oh god it was awful when the site was not online. It just shows how much i enjoy popping in on here.

I was getting the ntsc uk shakes.

Comment

Ditto, man, ditto.

Comment

Not sure myself what happened yet. Think the whole server got turned off, because I couldn't get to my email or the website either (i.e. not just the forums). I'll update when I know. I think Neil's in the US for the PS3 launch, so he's probably worked remote miracles to get it back up again.

Comment

Server was fine, but there was a network outage. And Neil's not in the US. Heheh. However, he worked through the night to sort out the network problems. Yay.

Comment

Hooray for Neil
                  Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

I'm fairly new to the forums but this place has become my new addiction, always keeping the place on a tab in my browser and hitting the 'New Posts' search when i have spare mins.

The downtime left me at a bit of a loss, I was afraid some big news might drop and I'd miss it!

Thanks very much to the mods/admins for working hard to provide us with this forum and some notice on downtime would be nice so that I may plan an excusion to keep me busy or something

Comment

Thanks as always to Neil! I was on business (France) and missed my evening fix of NTSC-uk!

Comment

Originally posted by NecronomiconUK
                        Thanks very much to the mods/admins for working hard to provide us with this forum and some notice on downtime would be nice so that I may plan an excusion to keep me busy or something
                        Seconded (except for the bit about the excusion coz I don't know what it is but it sounds painful)!
                        Last edited by MartyG; 10-11-2006, 19:18.

Comment

I'm sure you're onto this, but you really should upgrade vb stat.

As an former vb licence holder, I'd recommend 3.5 as an absolute minimum.

Comment

we run 3.0.13 it just doesn't say so keeps those turkish hackers guessing.

Neil.

Comment

when my crystal ball starts working again about hardware falures I'll be sure to give you notice

Comment

Working...
                              X