Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We've had rarest and most expensive but...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We've had rarest and most expensive but...

I'd like to know which game in you collection gave you the greatest buzz and why?

Mine is Streets of Rage. It's not rare, nor is it expensive, it's simple a great game. Why does it give me a buzz? I can remember being 14, round at a friends house mashing buttons merrily just before Christmas. Taking turns with other mates as we slowly worked our way through the game, cheering and laughing. I didn't think you could buy memories but it seems that I was wrong

Strider on the megadrive was a massive moment in my gaming life. It was in the days when I had no cash so me and mate would always play games on the hardest difficulty level and never continue. We were amazed by the graphics and would watch for hours just taking turns. I still love that game so much.
    Last edited by Kieran76; 30-06-2006, 08:26.

Comment

Wipeout 1 for Playstation I think. Spent so much time with just that demo with my launch PS1 waiting on that game, finally getting it and it being every bit as good as I imagined was a great moment.

Comment

Actraiser on the SNES. Played it to death in Japanese and then bought the US version and played it to death again.

Comment

Sensible World of Soccer on the Amiga. That game stole my life for 2 amazing years!

Comment

hmm, goldeneye for my weekly all evening game sessions with my mates on 4 player.

Comment

Daily Thompsons Decatlon on the Spectrum 48K. The number of joysticks i killed with that game was unbeleivable except for my Atari 2600 Joysick that took it all

Comment

Streets of Rage was definitely a highlight for me, but it was Resident Evil that made me realize there was a god.

I remember getting it for Christmas and repeatedly watching the intro.
                Also the moment I discovered I could kick zombie heads across corridors was something special.

Comment

probably sensible soccer for me on the MD, but recently it has to be resi 4! WHat a game!

Comment

Probably Pro Evo 5 on the PS2. No other game has had as much play in multi player mode. Me and my mates always have a good battle on it. High tempo goal fests. Can't beat it!

Comment

What do you mean through actually hunting it down after a length of time and finding it, or just the greatest buzz from playing the game itself - or both?

I suppose mine in both those respects would have to be Zelda:OoT.

I remember the day it came out I had driven to three towns down the M65 frantically trying to get a copy, and eventually getting the last one copy from a shop in Blackburn at the end of the line just as the place was shutting. I'd been driving round for ages trying every shop in the milltowns scattered down the M65 because Electronics Boutique in Burnley had sold my pre-order to someone else.

I was livid at the time obviously, but that madness soon turned to elation after I'd been able to track down a copy. Then eventually getting it home, and being in awe at the realisation of how good it was, made my toes curl at the time. Mind, I was a few years younger then, and certainly not as cynical.
                      Last edited by AdamJW; 30-06-2006, 12:59.

Comment

zelda 3 on snes.

borrowed it off a mate (back in the day) for a week and got about 80% through.
                        a few months later, bought it and completed it, then stupidly sold it to fund a PSX
                        a few years later, bought it again and completed it.

the time intervals were such that i still managed to get stuck the 2nd, 3rd, nth times through.
                        it really was a case of eat drink and sleep that game.

still my favourite 1 player game ever
                        Last edited by jnm23; 02-07-2006, 20:29.

Comment

For me it has to be Lunar the silver star story for the mega cd. Didn't even know what game it was, just saw it and liked the cover art. Once I started to play and saw all those lovely anime clips, I just had to keep playing till the end to see all of them. I still remember playing it during the early hours all them years ago......

Comment

Street Fighter 2 / Mario Kart on the Snes both got rinsed to death when i was a kid! So much great memories. Its gonna be hard to top those moments now. There have been game in the past that have come close, but non have eclipsed those defining moment of my early teenage life. I still cant believe how old Street Fighter is now!

Sigh.................................

I rememebr pullling off the dragon punch or sonic boom for the first time, the sense of achievement was imense. To think though, the knowledge i got from playing those two games have stayed and shaped the way i play games today. The mechanics and style incorporated in playing the games back then are constantly being used today in my gaming repetroiur (sp).

I still say Mario Kart has not been bettered to this day. They got it right back then and today, as good as the GC version is, it jus doesnt have the certain something that the snes possessed.

Last edited by 112; 30-06-2006, 16:29.

Comment

Has to be Shadowrun on the Snes for me. It had the best narrative in a game, ever.

Comment

Working...
                              X